Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

have you ever been sexually harrassed?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
This applies to anyone, but i've been sexually harrassed quite a few times and i'm just wondering how many of you have experienced it and where?

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Not sure about sexually harrassed but once when i was waiting at traffic lights a group of lads lent into my car and squeezed my tits :yeees:
    LacyMay wrote:
    Not sure about sexually harrassed but once when i was waiting at traffic lights a group of lads lent into my car and squeezed my tits :yeees:
    that would count wouldnt it?
    There's this creepy guy at work (who I've never spoken to) who keeps messaging me asking me what I'm doing tonight and if I'm easy after a few drinks, he sits facing me a couple of rows away so it's hard when sometimes I make accidental eye contact and he's looking straight at me.

Euch.

Dunno if that'd really count as harrasment though.

The last place I worked at there was a lot of touchy feely stuff, but everybody took it as good banter, whcih it was. S'pose if I'd objected then it'd have deffo been sexual harrasment.

I like having my bum grabbed by girls in nightclubs though, is it only harrasment if there's objection or what?
    Ballerina wrote:
    that would count wouldnt it?

I'm not exactly sure what sexually harrassed is defined as.
    In Thailand by ladyboys. :( Mind you, I can see the funny side. They're all happy / giggly all the time over there.

Otherwise, never really.
    I had a friend who had her ass grabbed on a street corner in Paris. She turned around and gave the guy half a can of mase right in his eyes. Probably burned em halfway out of his fucking head! :lol: Serves the jackass right.
    LacyMay wrote:
    erm, something along the lines of sexual advancement without consent? i dunno, something like that i think. Basically when people make an advancement that you don't consent to cause it doesn't always include phsyical stuff
    LacyMay wrote:

i've only ever heard it used to describe repeated episodes of unwanted sexual attention, generally at work.

tends to be generally low-key stuff, like inappropriate comments or arse slapping, but the victim feels trapped cause doing something about it might risk their job, reputation at work, or lead to the harrasser getting a bit more sinister.
    i've had it at school, twice by the same guy and twice on the same night at a friends of my parents house...suppose its sort of the same?
    well.. according to the interweb it's..
    deliberate and/or repeated sexual or sex based behavior that is not welcome, not asked for, and not returned. May interfere with work or learning environment for victim.

Yes i've experienced it. It wasn't pleasant.
    Cazzoo wrote:
    well.. according to the interweb it's..

Yes i've experienced it. It wasn't pleasant.
    then more or less everyone will experience it at some point :(
    what happens if its a chick who keeps pressing her tits against your elbow when your typing on the computer at work but you know you like it and keep on writing just to keep the experience going? is that sexual harrassment on my behalf?
    oh, and in answer to the question - no, i haven't.

i've had plently of male colleagues make what probably are inappropriate comments (in the way that a fair proportion of male colleagues tend to do to anything under 50 with boobs, bless their eager little socks) but i know their intentions are innocent enough, and i didn't feel at all threatened or upset by it. there's a lot of banter along those lines goes on in our office that is meant purely as a joke, but if you told the person they'd upset someone, they'd be mortified.
  • JsTJsT Posts: 18,268 Skive's The Limit
    what happens if its a chick who keeps pressing her tits against your elbow when your typing on the computer at work but you know you like it and keep on writing just to keep the experience going? is that sexual harrassment on my behalf?
    I doubt it. Shes pressing her tits against you not the other way round.

Sounds fun though...
    JsT wrote:
    I doubt it. Shes pressing her tits against you not the other way round.

Sounds fun though...

shes got a bf but shes a nice girl. I like the attention so I keep it up
    Maybe it might be best for you to sorta move away slightly?
    i always get my bum grabbed when out in the evening

ive had it done in the day too

and at school a boy in my art class kept groping me and putting rulers down my knickers :grump:

but, i dont feel sexually harassesed....im flattered that random people find my bum attractive and so touch it

although the groping at school was horrible, im not disturbed by it or anything he was just a stupid typical teenage boy that probably did it as a dare or something.

I dont like it when im out and men dance around me and rub their bits against me ewww! not harassment though
    I've never been harassed, groped or even given a weird look. I just don't have what the perverts are looking for. It almost makes me feel kinda bad about myself, too ugly even for the creeps.
    my_name wrote:
    I've never been harassed, groped or even given a weird look. I just don't have what the perverts are looking for. It almost makes me feel kinda bad about myself, too ugly even for the creeps.

or...just too good for them.

Its not normally nice decent people that grope!
    Blah wrote:
    or...just too good for them.

Nah, maybe its my permanently angry yet shelookslikeshemightsnapatanymoment look I always have :cool: :p
    most nights at work and before anyone says otherwise

it gets fucking annoying as well as depressive
    MrG wrote:
    most nights at work and before anyone says otherwise

it gets fucking annoying as well as depressive

Yeah right, you love it really :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :p
    JsT wrote:
    Yeah right, you love it really :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :p

not when its something that wouldnt look too out of place, stuck on a beach, and being attended to by green peace
    MrG wrote:
    not when its something that wouldnt look too out of place, stuck on a beach, and being attended to by green peace
    Haha.

Dude, I bet you have nightmares!
    JsT wrote:
    Haha.

Dude, I bet you have nightmares!

every now and again
    Yes I've been harrassed by pinapples, giraffes, homo sapiens, hell I've been so discriminated against there's no point in me being alive! :shocking: :wave:
    Yes. And I got sh!t from the person's friends for grassing them up...
    I haven't, had the usual "ooo girl builder" banter though
    at school a bit, but it was more part of bullying, than because they wanted me sexually. Someone coming onto you a few times isnt harrassment unless youve made it CLEAR you arent interested. If that was sexual harrassment, then nobody would ever know whether someone else is interested in them or not.
    It depends what you mean though.
    at school a bit, but it was more part of bullying, than because they wanted me sexually. Someone coming onto you a few times isnt harrassment unless youve made it CLEAR you arent interested. If that was sexual harrassment, then nobody would ever know whether someone else is interested in them or not.
    It depends what you mean though.

This is what happened to me - it only stopped once the boys' parents were spoken to...