Home Home, Law & Money
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

ASBO's...

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I was just wondering if anyone has got an ASBO or knows anyone who has one? and what was it for etc, and do you think it's fair?

I keep reading in all the papers about the thousands of ASBO's that are handed out but i don't actually know anyone who has one...

thanks! :)

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Why do you want to know?

If you are doing research you need to get permission from the moderators of this website before asking questions.
    Kermit wrote:
    Why do you want to know?

If you are doing research you need to get permission from the moderators of this website before asking questions.
    Why do you always assume that people are researchers?
    bacon wrote:
    does sound a bit sus tbh, 'reading papers', who does that with tv & internet these days! ;)

stargalaxy is always picking up a leftover copy of the mail or the news of the world somewhere
    MrG wrote:
    stargalaxy is always picking up a leftover copy of the mail or the news of the world somewhere
    Often in his newsagent, after exchanging money for it.
  • PearlyPearly Posts: 345 The Mix Regular
    Sorry guys, I should have explained, blame it on me getting over heated in the office and brain cells melting!! We are just looking into updating our anti-social behaviour article and Amanda is here on work experience so I thought it would be good for her to look into this topic..
    haha, flaming the work experience girl. Little harsh.
    bacon wrote:
    does sound a bit sus tbh, 'reading papers', who does that with tv & internet these days! ;)
    I read papers cos I'm always on the tube and there are always papers lieing about.

I was glad to see that the Sinner-Winner evangelist on Oxford Street got an ASBO although as it only applies in Westminster he has just moved his offensive nonsense to Piccadilly Circus. But I walk down Oxford Street far more than I walk around Picadilly Circus so therefore I am still glad I don't have to hear him so much.
    I like newspapers, there is nothing like a sunday morning with a huge newspaper spread over the kitchen table, fluttering in the wind... perhaps i am romanticising them a bit, but you know what i mean.
    so i guess no-one personally knows anyone with an ASBO...

(i wanted to add a dissppointed smilie face, but i seem to have lost them????)
    I like newspapers, there is nothing like a sunday morning with a huge newspaper spread over the kitchen table, fluttering in the wind... perhaps i am romanticising them a bit, but you know what i mean.
    so i guess no-one personally knows anyone with an ASBO...

(i wanted to add a dissppointed smilie face, but i seem to have lost them????)
    You should be grateful that thesite's users don't get in trouble with the law. :D

Here's a disappointed smiley - :impissed:
    That's the Ant or Dec smiley!

I don't know anybody with an ASBO, but there are a few people in my village at home that should have them!
    maybe she should have a work experience custom user title :)
    i know a few people with them, they get dished out all the time hear.

I cant comment on whether they are fair or not, im not sure on the time length involved.

They are quite humilating for them, i.e. theres one guy that isnt aloud to hang around in groups bigger than 3 unless with his parents. how embarassing!
    Has Kermit not come along to apologise?
    What have I got to apologise about? Was she or was she not a researcher?

Thank you.

I don't know anyone socially who has an ASBO, but half the clients at my old place were ASBO kids. One particular person uses his ASBO to get him a bed at night (in one of Her Majesty's holiday camps :rolleyes: ), because he's homeless and none of the homeless hostels will touch him because of his criminal record and anti-social behaviour.