Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Dear all...

Comments

• Options
    JsTJsT Posts: 18,268 Skive's The Limit
    :D

What hostel is this anyway JsT? Mind you, living in Leicester it's not that difficult to just get a train back.

http://www.hostelworld.com/hosteldetails.php/AstorQuest-London-523

Cheap and cheerful and my home for two whole nights!
  • Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Sorry I won't be in the country! Don't be too upset though :p
  • Options
    ffs I keep annoying myself. I've now decided on Travelodge instead, still not sure though whether I'm coming down on Tuesday or Wednesday ;<
  • Options
    Won't travellodge cost you £50 per night?!
  • Options
    Teh_GerbilTeh_Gerbil Posts: 13,332 Born on Earth, Raised by The Mix
    SG, you totally owe me a drink ffs. Hope ya can turn up and all!

I pretty much am sure I'll be there. Rah ;x

Totally should spend at least some time in the park like. Parks rule!
  • Options
    Teh_Gerbil wrote:
    SG, you totally owe me a drink ffs. Hope ya can turn up and all!

I pretty much am sure I'll be there. Rah ;x

Totally should spend at least some time in the park like. Parks rule!

You spent a lot of time in the park for a particular reason at the last meet if I remember correctly! :p

Franki: I should be able to come (90% sure at the moment) but I dont know what I'll be doing job wise by then but I will try and come. I might just have to come up with an inventive way to get a day off.
  • Options
    Hurray :D
  • Options
    *Stacey* wrote:
    Won't travellodge cost you £50 per night?!
    £26 per night. So £50 for two. The hostel was only £10 cheaper per night. Plus its more private and I'll have a comfy bed own shower own loo etc, somewhere to charge the mobile, safer to leave bags during the day.

A lot better overall, well worth the extra. Plus It'll be my first real time off work as I'm working 19th June - 19th August with only one day off per week. I think I deserve it!
  • Options
    JsT wrote:
    £26 per night. So £50 for two. The hostel was only £10 cheaper per night. Plus its more private and I'll have a comfy bed own shower own loo etc, somewhere to charge the mobile, safer to leave bags during the day.

A lot better overall, well worth the extra. Plus It'll be my first real time off work as I'm working 19th June - 19th August with only one day off per week. I think I deserve it!

How far away is this travel lodge? Easy by train?
  • Options
    Teh_Gerbil wrote:
    How far away is this travel lodge? Easy by train?
    2 minutes walk from Kings Cross, which is brilliant as my trains come in and leave from St Pancras next door.

My primary concern was being in a hostel for 2 days and not having a personal loo to have a good shit in. Sorted in a hotel. I make no apologies for my graphicness.
  • Options
    JsT wrote:
    2 minutes walk from Kings Cross, which is brilliant as my trains come in and leave from St Pancras next door.

My primary concern was being in a hostel for 2 days and not having a personal loo to have a good shit in. Sorted in a hotel. I make no apologies for my graphicness.

I am thinking I could get thoroughly pissed and not have to go home if I stay. Maybe. Probably not though, I need a job :lol:
  • Options
    Teh_Gerbil wrote:
    I am thinking I could get thoroughly pissed and not have to go home if I stay. Maybe. Probably not though, I need a job :lol:
    Aye tis only £26. I wasn't going to stay either till I realised I couldn't get in till 12, and I'd have to leave about 6pm so I could get back to Leeds to get the last bus to the suburbs.

This way I come down Wednesday morning and go home Friday afternoon, make it a mini break kinda thing.
  • Options
    is this still happenning ja?
  • Options
    T'is, ja.

Still coming then Jakeh?
  • Options
    littlemissylittlemissy Posts: 9,972 Supreme Poster
    Got plans.
  • Options
    tickets are on their way to me. I have a train in for noonish and a train out for half ten. That should be ok shouldnt it?
  • Options
    That should be just about perfect :D.
  • Options
    Apparently I can take the Megabus from Winchester which will be interesting. T'will be most mega.
  • Options
    wow, i never knew thesite played such a big part in peoples lives.
  • Options
    Yes I'm still coming, have booked the day off work and everything. Not sure what to tell my parents yet, I didnt even tell them I was going to the last meet.
  • Options
    Haha. Tell them you're going to a birthday party :p

ETA: Lipsy - it's easier than PMing everyone individually and I'd probably have forgotten people.
  • Options
    As I said on LJ earlier, thanks but no thanks. I'm busy all this month, and I can't go.
  • Options
    JsT wrote:
    Aye tis only £26. I wasn't going to stay either till I realised I couldn't get in till 12, and I'd have to leave about 6pm so I could get back to Leeds to get the last bus to the suburbs.

This way I come down Wednesday morning and go home Friday afternoon, make it a mini break kinda thing.

james can you please tell me what hotel / travellodge you're staying at, im tempted to stay in london on the 24th so i dont have to go home late in the evening..

TY

and yes i am still coming rar
  • Options
    i want to come :(
  • Options
    You have to ;(.
  • Options
    i wish i could but there's no way i can afford it or would be ok travelling alone :(
  • Options
    omg hi wrote:
    i wish i could but there's no way i can afford it or would be ok travelling alone :(
    Booooo :(.
  • Options
    Franki wrote:
    Booooo :(.

i know, i wish i wasnt so little :(
  • Options
    <3
  • Options
    jake0 wrote:
    james can you please tell me what hotel / travellodge you're staying at, im tempted to stay in london on the 24th so i dont have to go home late in the evening..

TY

and yes i am still coming rar

Kings X