Home Drink & Drugs
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

I had...

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
.. a mental whitey last night :yuck: took in about half a joint then about ten mins later passed clean out was out for a few mins, luckily people I was with brought me round, then I chucked my guts up. I've never ever been sick because of drugs before! Took me right off guard, still really pretty rough today. And I'd only had one drink! Gah, right embarassing mind but luckily everyone was just glad I was ok, they just freaked apparently my lips started turning blue. Crazy shizzle. Whats your worst ever drug experience?

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    if your lips started turning blue that could be serious, a few questions for you;

1) did any of your mates who revived you notice you had stopped breating?

2) did you roll this joint yourself? was it with your own baccy, skins, gear etc.

3) did you make this drink yourself and not leave it anywhere?

4) have you noticed anything funny recently, when on or off gear, such as breathing difficulties, feeling light headed etc.?

5) Have you banged you head recently?
  • JadedJaded Posts: 2,682 Boards Guru
    Lets not get too alarmist here MB, I agree that passing out isn't a good sign, but it does happen sometimes for a variety of reasons - that said I would be concerned if it happened again...
    sorry LJ don't agree, theres nothing alarmist in simply asking questions, note the COULD be serious.

If it has been observed that her lips turned blue when she passed out then the questions above are appropriate and proportional.

I did not at any point imply that something was wrong, I was merely stating the undeniable fact that passing out and lips turning blue (Cyanosis) is potentially serious
    if your lips started turning blue that could be serious, a few questions for you;

1) did any of your mates who revived you notice you had stopped breating?
    apparently i was breathing the whole time
    2) did you roll this joint yourself? was it with your own baccy, skins, gear etc.
    no i didnt it was rolled by someone else, probably a lot stronger than i'd roll
    3) did you make this drink yourself and not leave it anywhere?
    yeh the drink was mine made by me had at my flat
    4) have you noticed anything funny recently, when on or off gear, such as breathing difficulties, feeling light headed etc.?
    i have been having problems with my chest yeh
    5) Have you banged you head recently?
    nope

i've booked in to see the docs in a few days. I think it was jus a case of having a heavy few days drink wise and being dehydrated. better to be safe than sorry though.thanks MB:) I've passed out quite a few times before in a variety of situations so not sure whether my bodys jus a bit wrecked or somethings up.
    could very well be your dehydration had something to do with it, plus the strength of the joint etc.

When you say 'problems with your chest', what do you mean exactly?

Just to clarify, lips and nose turning blue (cyanosis) is caused by constriction of the blood vessels in those parts of the body, where blood is not flowing freely. Also can be caused by a lack of oxygen in the blood, or a combination. In and of itself it is not directly harmful, however it COULD indicate something else with the symptoms you've listed.

Going to your doctor would be a very good idea, and what i would do is sit down before you go and list all the things you want to ask him about, make a list so you dont forget. Until you go and see your doctor I should avoid drink and drugs, at least until he has given you the all clear.

With the passing out, I would just be sure to inform those you live with about it, so that they are aware of these things.

If you want to speak to someone about it befor you see your doctor, NHS direct are available 24 hrs a day

tel: 0845 46 47
  • JadedJaded Posts: 2,682 Boards Guru
    sorry LJ don't agree, theres nothing alarmist in simply asking questions, note the COULD be serious.

If it has been observed that her lips turned blue when she passed out then the questions above are appropriate and proportional.

I did not at any point imply that something was wrong, I was merely stating the undeniable fact that passing out and lips turning blue (Cyanosis) is potentially serious

Fairy nuff MB, it was more the way it came across that I was commenting on, rather than the content, not very reassuring, think your bedside manner needs a little work ;)
    point taken, the 'potentially serious' part could have been removed and i could have just posed the questions.
    .. a mental whitey last night :yuck: took in about half a joint then about ten mins later passed clean out was out for a few mins, luckily people I was with brought me round, then I chucked my guts up. I've never ever been sick because of drugs before! Took me right off guard, still really pretty rough today. And I'd only had one drink! Gah, right embarassing mind but luckily everyone was just glad I was ok, they just freaked apparently my lips started turning blue. Crazy shizzle. Whats your worst ever drug experience?

Haha! I took a whitey where I collapsed once and it wasn't fun, when I came around I was like "I'm never smoking again" sure enough, I was toking later on that day! :D

My worst experience is where I've tripped out so bad I thought I was in a cartoon world and it wasn't a fun cartoon world, it was like I was in a dark forest and my mate turned into an elf. Haha it was mad!
    I have had 2 Whiteys and they were fucking horrible...

1st one was the first time I ever smoked it, I didnt really know what I was doing and I had some pretty strong stuff I had nicked off my dad. Went up the park, smoked it... then spent the next couple of hours laying in the field feeling like shit!
    2nd one was with in the first 2-3 hours of arriving in Amsterdam! haha! Typical brits abroad! We went to a bar, drunk a few pints and the bar lady kept giving us free double shots with our beer... left there wankered and went into a cafe, brought some super skunk... smoked lots, went on to another bar...
    Next think I know I was hanging over a toliet unable to move! I wasnt actually sick, but I felt like if I left the toliet I was going to die!
  • Teh_GerbilTeh_Gerbil Posts: 13,332 Born on Earth, Raised by The Mix
    I did once... I got proper hammered and ended up tripping thinking I was hell with pink dragons and big sharp mountains under me.

Was fucking mad. Then I threw up and though i was puking out dragons. Ha... taught me alot about my limits... I can now pretty much get right to the limit then I stop for a while and mong or chill... talk some shit... then when I feel it wearing off.. spark another up! :D
    When I first started dabbling with weed I went up my mates house and smoked loads (his stepdad used to grow it, so we nicked a couple of bags from his drawer), stupidly mixed it with drink aswell and it ended up really messy because I was young(er) and didn't know my limits.

Spent 4 hours in the toilet praying to a porcelain god thinking I was going to die and got paranoid about going blind or death (stupid I know).

Coke paranoia has got to be the worst though, came home sniffed off my tree once and killed a spider in my room, then locked all the windows in the house and put a towel at the bottom of the bedroom door incase it's family came back to get revenge on me haha.
    I have never had paranoia on coke before...

I sometimes get slight paranoia on a pill come down... like if i'm in a club the next day after taking them I get a bit edgy, but that only lasts until i'm drunk! Then it all goes away, including the come down! :thumb:
    (Until you wake up the next morning!)
    I've only ever had it that once and it was an absolute nightmare. I was shaking, sweating, irregular breathing.. It was quite a lot of coke though, plus it was mixed with a mixture of alcohol also, which probably didn't help at all.
    hmm worst expierences would be either throwing up lumps of white jelly stuff(!?)/white chemical foam the day after a fuck load of e's .. or the 3rd day of speed with no eating or sleeping whatsoever .. dont think ive ever felt so bad nevermind the blackouts and throwing up what seemed to be a mixture of bile and base speed :yuck: :yuck:
    Sounds grizzly! I've never been sick off any drugs really, been sick whilst on pills and drinkin a couple of times and that's it. I really do have a stomach of steel compared to everyone I know. I've gone really white and felt like I'm gonna pass out etc plenty of times (especially in my early teens) from smoking too much gange though. Funny looking back, hell at the time!
    JamesZero wrote:
    2nd one was with in the first 2-3 hours of arriving in Amsterdam! haha! Typical brits abroad! We went to a bar, drunk a few pints and the bar lady kept giving us free double shots with our beer... left there wankered and went into a cafe, brought some super skunk... smoked lots, went on to another bar...
    Next think I know I was hanging over a toliet unable to move! I wasnt actually sick, but I felt like if I left the toliet I was going to die!

Exactly the same happened to me! Went to amsterdam, was drinking all day and didn't eat anything cause i felt a bit sick, smoked loads and spent the night in a toilet, i couldn't stand up properly!
    Never pulled a whitey. I really don't have any limits, it just gets to that dry mouthed, can't be arsed smoking more point, but i can even carry on then. Pointless doing that though.
    your mouth goes dry when your stoned anyway?
    I know, it's a nasty side effect I think... can get quite annoying and not nice if I'm with her, know wadda mean!
    Dunno why I posted that :eek2:
    z01 wrote:
    your mouth goes dry when your stoned anyway?

As in when it gets to the point your mouth feels so stupidly dry you really don't feel like smoking anymore. Coughing at that stage is horrible :yuck:
    ^^^

Think forward next time & buy some cans before you smoke :thumb:
    NAH, when u have drymouth, you have drymouth, there's not a great deal that helps. I think probably the best thing is a drink and then chewing gum or something because when you get that stoned it just doesn't go. You cant make yourself produce saliva on spec.
    ice pops, the bluer the better
    Addict wrote:
    ice pops, the bluer the better

Damn you! I havent even smoked anything and I want one now! :crying: