Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

Weird bug...

Indrid ColdIndrid Cold Posts: 16,688 Skive's The Limit
Though it's probably confused because the posts were on the same time.

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I think it just takes a while to update :)
    What's the problem?
  • Indrid ColdIndrid Cold Posts: 16,688 Skive's The Limit
    What's the problem?
    Inside the board, Random's post is closer to the top, which means it's newers. In the board list, your post is reported as newest.
    It's because I'm great.
    Indrid uses pretty colors :flirt: :razz:
    my_name wrote:
    Indrid uses pretty colors :flirt: :razz:
    Well, to be honest, pink is a fair price to pay for this nice shade of blue. :D
    Inside the board, Random's post is closer to the top, which means it's newers. In the board list, your post is reported as newest.

Maybe the main page was up to date when it was loaded in the browser, but upon entering the forum, the newer reply took priority?

Things like this shouldn't happen. vB uses unix timestamps internally(well, it did when I last looked) - so each second has its own unique number. I really can't see how this could happen - hence my first conclusion. :)

And yes, I was geeky, anal and boring before I owned a vB licence, or ran a forum. ;) I've quietend down a little since then :).
    Maybe the main page was up to date when it was loaded in the browser, but upon entering the forum, the newer reply took priority?
    Nah. I went back and forth between the boards list and the AG board at least 3 times and it was always the same.
    In which case I guess the posts were both made at the same second. The code for the main page may be tuned to select the busier thread if they have the same timestamp, the code for the forum page may sort them alphabetically?

Tell you what - I don't know. Nor do I care. How dare you come back here with proof of a reasonable attempt to understand this prior to me typing all these characters out. I'm going to sod off now and drink my pear & blackcurrant juice drink.

:)
    How dare you come back here with proof of a reasonable attempt to understand this prior to me typing all these characters out.
    I know this is supposed to be a joke, but I can't make sense out of this sentence...
    Meh, I'm stupid-tired. Don't worry about it :). The really sad thing is that I don't make much more sense when I'm awake :).
    ahh but when you were going back to the main page, were you clearing the cache when you were refreshing the page or not?
    MrG wrote:
    ahh but when you were going back to the main page, were you clearing the cache when you were refreshing the page or not?
    Why would that be a problem? Usually if I refresh the page and a new post has been made since the last time I did, it changes.