Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Paris - accomodation?!

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited January 2023 in General Chat
Hey all!

Me and my partner are going to paris for my birthday this Xmas, and are having trouble finding as hotel. We have quite a bit of cash saved up for it, but the hotels we have rung so far say their hotel policy is not to allow under 18s (we're both 17) to stay in the hotel unaccompanied. Anyone else been to paris and found a hotel which does? We have found some perfect places but they don't have a working phone number for us to check with them!

Cheers all! :razz:
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Options
    Why don't you just book it though a website using a credit card - though I think in general the not having a credit card because your under 18 might be the general problem as most hotels need to swipe one when you check in to cover any inccidentals.

Maybe try some hostels or get a pre paid visa card thing - I think its called visa holiday money.

Hum they do also check your passport when you check in though but they might not check that closely plus if you look lost and forlon it would be hard for them to turn you away.
  • Options
    Oh dear

Damn, I didn't think of that.

It is a joint Xmas-bady prezzie from my dad and mum you see, they were going to pay for it using their credit card.

But neither of us have one to swipe when we get there.

As it was a bday treat we were hoping to stay somewhere quite nice, and I have apalling experiences in youth hostels. Usually, I would agree they would be fine, but we wated somewhere special...

Hmmm...so hotels always need a credit card?
  • Options
    Most big ones do - however having booked people into places for work I know that Hilton and possibly some of the other hotel chains allow you to pre authorise a card against a room - you have to fax them a copy of the card along with a form saying you will cover any incidentals (thats telephones, room service etc etc), that way the person who is checking in is not asked for a card to be swiped. Or you can try the pre paid card route but there might be problems as they have to authorise it.

Alternatively you can carry on phoning round some of the smaller hotels and explain. Or some hostels have double rooms you can stay in with en suites - which might be another way to get round it.
  • Options
    hmm...

Actually, I could get a Visa electron...
  • Options
    Hotels will laugh at a Visa Electron. It's like trying to pay for something with your Blockbuster card as anyone over the age of 14 can get one.

Paris, being the expensive city that it is may well have some upmarket hostels that have double, private rooms with private shower etc. www.hostelworld.com will be able to tell you more. Plus you can book it then and there.

Did you ever consider the possibility of paying cash for the hotel?
  • Options
    Hmmm

Actually, I checked on all my potential hotels websites, and they all accept visa electron, actually.

Actually. Yes.

Actually.

:wave:
  • Options
    I'm going to Paris next week for my 20th birthday. I'm staying at the Hotel Opal Doesn't say anything about under 18s...

Ilora x
  • Options
    Actually, I checked on all my potential hotels websites, and they all accept visa electron, actually.

Actually. Yes.

Actually.

:wave:

really?