Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

Balding

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
i'm only 20 years old and already my hair has started thinning. it looks really noticeable under the light and its really getting me down. im so depressed and my confidence is getting worse!

whats more is i try to speak to my mum and she doesnt understand. i never met my real dad because he was violent and him and my mum split when i was 2 so i dont know what he looks like.

i dont know what i'm hoping to achieve by posting this..... guess i just need to express myself somewhere. i just feel no girls will be interested now especailly as a bald head really doesnt suit me. :(

i know it sounds stupid... but ive never been this sad before, i dont even want to get out of bed in the mornings or look in the mirror anymore. i dont know what to do

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Unfortunatly I don't think there is much you can do... One of my cousin got that too, now he is nearly 30 and the top of his hair start to really get bald, doesn't have much hair left on the front... that kind of stuff is hereditary and as far as I know, nothing can be done, unfortunatly you will just have to accept it and leave with it... If your face allow it, when going properly bald I suggest you just shave your head so you don't have bit of hair here and there... also there is no shame in that either, it's just what I would do if it happends...
    my boyfriend is 28 with thinning hair and a receading hairline (I'm sure he'll love me telling you all) He just keeps it short, as all mens hair should be anyways. Its heriderity, his dad has got the same pattern baldness. I guess you could always try rogain, I've never known anybody to use it so I wouldn't know if it works... or surgery if it gets you that bad. Or wear a hat, cut a circle into a piece of cardboard, put on head and spraypaint.
    Yeah, shaved head or hair replacement treatments are the way to go. It's not the end of the world. My friend's 21 and balding (he's short too, and a bit overweight - not to slag him off too much), and he's had a series of stunning girlfriends. One of my hottest female friends is going out with a guy who's balding. Both of them actually style what they have left, and it looks fine. You just have to either accept it and move on, or do something about it (i.e. shave it, which will also look fine).
    my other half has had a gradually thinning patch since I met him (he was only 20 and already fairly receding too). we both realise he'll probably have a lovely shiny head by the time he's in his early thirties, and i don't know if it bothers him, but it doesn't bother me. i didn't look at him and think 'oh god, a balding man - i can't possibly find him attractive'. he's a fittie with hair, and he'll be a fittie without.

although to be totally honest it probably would bother me if he was a bit obsessed with it, so the best thing you can do is just let nature take it's course, and don't worry about it.
    you know, baldness is supposed to be caused by an exess of testosterone... the rest of it must have done some good :lol:
    Girls love shaved heads..fact.
    Balddog wrote:
    Girls love shaved heads..fact.

Not all of them, but plenty do if you look good wit it and many will caress your head just for the feeling of it... I have shaved my head for years and it's a fact that plenty of girls come and touch... which isn't a bad thing... ;)
  • KimonoKimono Posts: 201 Trailblazer
    I :heart: shaved heads
    I got told your Mother's brother(s) are a good indication as to your hair balding.
    city_boy wrote:
    I got told your Mother's brother(s) are a good indication as to your hair balding.

NOOOOOOOO :crying:

(although I'm pretty sure I'd be showing signs by now if I were going to)
    bald is sexxxy with three x's