Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Weird toothpaste

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I've noticed theres alot of freaky toothpaste flavors out there. What have you run across and whats your favorite? At the dentist the other week I was talking with the hygenist about it, as they tried to give me cherry flavored polisher stuff, and she brought to my attention a whole world of other flavors.

now theres bubblegum and the glittery kind for kids... Then came along citrus... cinnimon, lemon, vanilla mint,k various berry flavors and so forth... The hygenist, on the other hand, has gotten several samples ranging from chocolate, cookie dough, hazlenut... Granted her daughter loves the cookie dough... I though citrus was gross enough when tried to bring that out... Blech.

I will always/only use mint. Its not clean if its not minty :p

Comments

• Options
    I think we just have mint, and maybe strawberry flavour for kids here in England, but if anyone knows any different please correct me!
  • Options
    Minty fresh all the way. Fruity ones are wrong, I remember having a purple flavour one when I was younger, it had glitter in it, how bizarre.
  • Options
    I think we just have mint, and maybe strawberry flavour for kids here in England, but if anyone knows any different please correct me!

Nope. I'm afraid we have diff flavours here too. Off the top of my head, Aquafresh have apple and also a lemon flavour.
  • Options
    I'm sure I had an orange one once; pretty disgusting to be honest.

I used to love the strawberry 'Milk Teeth' gel as a kid :yum: but now I'm another who would only use minty.
  • Options
    i've never come across anything other than mint to be honest
  • Options
    My mum once sent me to brownie camp with bubble gum toothpaste, it was rank and everyone hated me because i was the one that had aggreed to take the toothpaste and no one else had any.

Im sure colgate do one with herbs in it or something, there was a beever in the advert.

Im an aquafresh girl myself. Im really picky about what my toothpaste tastes like. Theres nothing more disgusting than those baking soda toothpastes. I cant use them they just make me retch
  • Options
    Sidtec wrote:
    Nope. I'm afraid we have diff flavours here too. Off the top of my head, Aquafresh have apple and also a lemon flavour.

Oh apple sounds ick.
  • Options
    melanie wrote:
    Im sure colgate do one with herbs in it or something, there was a beever in the advert.

We had that. It was disgusting...
  • Options
    Sidtec wrote:

Wow! Never seen them to be honest, but I have to say that they don't appeal to me in the slightest. I love the minty clean fresh feel, anything else would be wrong me thinks!
  • Options
    I just brush my teeth with normal cookie dough tbh. It tastes the same, and makes brushing a pleasure :yes:

Actually we dont get much flavours in the uk. Mint, strawberry and bubblegum is about as adventurous as it gets, and im still concerned about those being a bit too exciting.
    I did have some poultry flavour toothpaste for my dog once though, but i never tried it.
  • Options
    Minty flavoured toothpaste is the only one that actually makes my teeth feel clean
  • Options
    I will never use anything but Colgate regular flavour, or if REALLY pushed, a mint one...fruit flavoured toothpaste just strikes me as being disgusting :P
  • Options
    I just brush my teeth with normal cookie dough tbh. It tastes the same, and makes brushing a pleasure :yes:

Actually we dont get much flavours in the uk. Mint, strawberry and bubblegum is about as adventurous as it gets, and im still concerned about those being a bit too exciting.
    I did have some poultry flavour toothpaste for my dog once though, but i never tried it.

:lol:

I've noticed animal toothpaste comes in flavors like that... I don't get how thats going to help any with dog breath :p Or does it? :chin:
  • Options
    my_name wrote:
    :lol:

I've noticed animal toothpaste comes in flavors like that... I don't get how thats going to help any with dog breath :p Or does it? :chin:
    thats the thing.
    Could give them poultry and beef flavoured mouthwash too for extra freshness?
    Its the equivalent of making footwash for dogs in digestive biscuit scent.
    (all dogs paws smell of digestive biscuits- its true)
  • Options
    Footwash for dogs? How pampered!