Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Sunbeds - confused!!

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I want to start going on sunbeds but I'ma bit confised about a couple of things:

1. What do you wear when you're actually on the sunbed?

2. Do you have to put suncream on before you go?

I know they're really dumb questions but I really would appreciate some answers! Thanks xxx

Comments

• Options
    I've only ever been on the sunbeds a few times just before my holiday, but when i went on i wore the sunbed goggles you get and nothing else, it was one of them stand up ones so didnt mind going naked and i never put suncream on just tanning enhancer stuff i got from the salon.
  • Options
    Sunbed goggles and nothing else and yes. Tanning beds give off uva/b rays, about 3 times stronger than the sun, for saftey purposes sunscreen is good. Obviously using 80spf would defete the purpose of going to the bed, but be reasonable. Using nothing only causes damage. And moisturize after!

Granted I've only ever been in a bed once... 5 minutes and I looked like a tomato and hurt like hell and I had sunscrean on... :\ But I remember reading lots of warnings of precaustions and rays and sunscreen plastered all over the walls in the room.
  • Options
    Its up to you what you wear, some people go naked and only the goggles, some wear underwear, i dont use suncream, i buy like a cream from the place, its specially made for you to get the most out of the time you have on the bed, and protect you too.
  • Options
    Apparently any more than 20 minutes a YEAR is bad for you ... so watch that you don't become wrinkled.