Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Fancy him or not

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Hi everyone. Right now I think I may be in the very beginning of something with someone. That means nothing has happened yet, only some mutual flirting, but with that feeling you get that its just not casual flirting, but the kind you know can lead somewhere... if that makes sense.

But it's weird, I'm not sure if I fancy him or not, I think he's sweet in a tender kind of way... I enjoy being with him. But I'm not sure I fancy him in a sexual way. I've been single for such a long long time that maybe it's just a very fleeting sort of thing and I'm getting carried away. Not sure where I stand really..

Anyway, just wondering, have any of you experienced that sexual attraction to someone develops lately? How have the beginning of your 'relationships' with people been? You've always felt something sexual since the beginning?

Thanks, any input appreciated.

Comments

• Options
    i kinda think i know what you mean... that your intersted in a guy but cause you have been single your not sure that your intersted in him because hes interested in you or just that you realy like him..
    And then theres the thought if your sexually attracted to him? for me i know within a kiss if not beforehand..
    ive been in the same situation with someone in which your not sure if your over thinking/analyzing it or that its guinely ment with what there saying...

if this is kinda on the right track i suggest just keep doin with what your doing but if they say something flirtatious back kinda be like " is that so?" or somehow get more depth to the sentance.. unless its something like.. "you hot"
    yeah sorry if this is not whats happing but good luck!! :thumb:
  • Options
    God, just go out with him and see what happens. You'll know by the end of the first date whether you want to get in his pants or not.
  • Options
    God, just go out with him and see what happens. You'll know by the end of the first date whether you want to get in his pants or not.

I'm liking that advice a lot.

The problem is that sometimes a first date feels like a bit too much pressure, like you're already saying you like them before you can be sure. Which isn't the way it should be at all. I think we need to invent another stage before the first date, where two people just hang out to see if they should date or be friends or whatever. With zero pressure.
  • Options
    I'm liking that advice a lot.

The problem is that sometimes a first date feels like a bit too much pressure, like you're already saying you like them before you can be sure. Which isn't the way it should be at all. I think we need to invent another stage before the first date, where two people just hang out to see if they should date or be friends or whatever. With zero pressure.
    That's true! And now I feel even more pressured, cause everyone around us has noticed there's some kind of attraction, and they have started behaving like 6 year-olds and teasing us... I know I'm not supposed to be affected by it, it's only jokes but the truth is they make me feel pressurized, because now there's the expectancy (is that a word in English?) of 'us' in the air... When I don't even now if I even want there to be an us!
  • Options
    I once went out with somebody who fancied me in a sort of tender way, she was really fit too. The sexual chemistry was so different, but it was still there and I still reckon for three months of the relationship was the happiest I've ever been.

Go out with him and see what happens :yes: