Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Joiners (Southampton)

BillieTheBotBillieTheBot Posts: 8,721 Bot
edited January 2023 in General Chat
There's a gig at this place (pub?) on Sunday which I'm hoping to go to. I was wondering if there's an age limit thing?
Beep boop. I'm a bot.
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I've only ever been once last year. Not sure on age as we were all legal and looked it so no ID was asked for. But i think it might be one of those places that your allowed in at any age, the bar and the gig room are separate so if you dont have ID you can still watch the bands, just not drink!

Give em' a ring and find out
  • Options
    iguana wrote:
    I've only ever been once last year. Not sure on age as we were all legal and looked it so no ID was asked for. But i think it might be one of those places that your allowed in at any age, the bar and the gig room are separate so if you dont have ID you can still watch the bands, just not drink!

Give em' a ring and find out

Thanks for this. I think someone posted a link on another forum, but there was nothing on there (I don't think) about age limit. Can't remember, but will have another look.
  • Options
    Yeah, it's a pub.
    I went there about 6 (or more!) years ago, so I can't remember...although they do have a website and it seems to show age limits for each gig.
    Bit of a dodgy area, though (unless it's changed).
  • Options
    Looks like the age limit for yours is 14 years.
  • Options
    SkiveSkive Posts: 15,286 Skive's The Limit
    Joiners is alright I suppose. Though as Croc said, St Mary's is a bit of a dodgy area.
    Weekender Offender 
  • Options
    Unless it's changed it's not half as dodgy as it's made out to be! I used to live there. Just don't wander around looking nervous. And follow the usual personal safety guidelines you'd follow anywhere.
  • Options
    St Mary's is ok as long as you're not walking around by yourself for too long at night. The highstreet's quite safe, but dont go too far off the beaten track as there's a patch of estate at the back of the high street (which the joiners is on) which houses a few unsavourey characters.

But as was said its not such a bad area, its got more of a name than it deserves.
  • Options
    Went last night and it wasn't too bad. Only complaint I have is that in the street where Joiners is, there are hardly chip shops open on a Sunday evening...
  • Options
    dont go too far off the beaten track as there's a patch of estate at the back of the high street (which the joiners is on) which houses a few unsavourey characters.

:lol: I lived in Albion Towers! :D

Dodgy, moi? ;)