Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

help needed

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Just wondering if anyone could tell me how to change the text that appears in the status bar of my site instead of having the file names show up, ie. the way it says 'Welcome to TheSite.org' at the foot of this page.
Many thanks.

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    JavaScript.

In between some javascript tags (script language=javascript, etc.) put the following-

self.status = "hello";
    Does anyone on the boards use MS Frontpage.
    I'm using the 2002 version and would like to know how to make an image change to text when the mouse is placed over it.
    I know you can do this when changing one picture to another and text from one colour to another but how do I do it from picture to text?
    Thnaks
    Not sure if you can...

Make a picture with text in, then you can swap between picture with graphics and picture with text.
    You'd need to use LAYERS, one layer with the picture, another with a plain background and the text. Use the OnMouseOver JavaScript event to change the z-index of the layers (i.e. change which layer is on top).