Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

What?? No racial tensions?

13»

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    The strength and effectiveness of the antibiotics is reduced due to the demand on your body dealing with the alcohol.
  • Options
    Jim V wrote:
    The strength and effectiveness of the antibiotics is reduced due to the demand on your body dealing with the alcohol.
    Thank you. Would I get any reactions to it though?
  • Options
    think it depends which ones they are. i generally dont drink if im on em, as jimv said it can reduce their effectiveness. if i am going to go drinking, i just miss a tablet or so and catch back up after.
  • Options
    luke88 wrote:
    A non genuine asylum seeker is one who claims to be an asylum seeker but claims it falsely.

how do you know which ones are and which ones aren't?

most asylum applicants come from places WE INVADE, i wonder why, they also come here because we are also a former colonial power and theres a better chance they'll be able to fit in than in other european countires

when applying for asylum THEY ARENT LEGALLY ALLOWED TO WORK so what else to live off but benefits, which arent that much really in disposable income, most of it is things like a roof over the head, and most just land up in bed and breakfasts due to a lack of council housing cause most was sold off and none is built

do you not want to help those who are escaping torture etc?

and for people who just come here and work, normally from the EU, most never go out of work strangely enough so they arent sponging benefits, and companies have to follow the same work laws with them as with uk passport holders who work here
  • Options
    You'll have to post in health for more details or check on the main website. Anyway let's stay on topic - I'll get a fucking kicking if I start going off topic.
  • Options
    luke88 wrote:
    Thank you. Would I get any reactions to it though?
    Read the advice leaflet.
  • Options
    koe_182 wrote:
    think it depends which ones they are. i generally dont drink if im on em, as jimv said it can reduce their effectiveness. if i am going to go drinking, i just miss a tablet or so and catch back up after.
    Cheers. I was thinking that. The tablets are making me so drosy and tired. Plus my ears are making tinning noises and feel blocked.

I don't think 3 pints will hurt. that's all I need to get a little tipsy lol.
  • Options
    luke88 wrote:
    Right I'm off now. Going clubbing it's student night hehe.... one question though guys... completely unrelated to this topic... but what would happen if I drank a few pints while taking antibiotics?

coupled with
    http://vbulletin.thesite.org.uk/showpost.php?p=1680844&postcount=53

one would think its student night where he is going

well in durham its student night, three nights a week, so there :lol:

p.s. sorry for sidetracking the thread momentarily
  • Options
    Jim V wrote:
    You'll have to post in health for more details or check on the main website. Anyway let's stay on topic - I'll get a fucking kicking if I start going off topic.
    Does it mean you'll have to give yourself a formal warning if you did? :p

Anyway, back to the question. There is no doubt in my mind that racism was a factor in this brutal murder. In my view, the right verdict has been reached by the court. The case also appears to have shown evidence of racial tensions in the community, though I think the link between this and immigration is somewhat loose, at best.
  • Options
    koe_182 wrote:
    wish i was a viking :(

thats a quality outfit

Oooo horns!! :flirt:

Anyway...this is the way I see it:

The things people complain about in relation to illegal immigrants are usually to do with money, benefits, employment, tax etc IMO. In Britain we have a problem with benefit fraud, people not paying tax and claiming employment benefits amongst the 'legal' population, some who were born here some who weren't and the 'illegal' population. The government needs to find better ways of dealing with those issues and it doesnt really have anything to do with race or religion or where in the world you happened to be born.
  • Options
    stargalaxy wrote:
    More or less the same thing, isn't it?

There are white immigrants too.
  • Options
    turlough wrote:
    There are white immigrants too.
    Have I ever suggested otherwise?
  • Options
    luke is a very strange boy indeed.
    very ... :crazyeyes
  • Options
    stargalaxy wrote:
    Have I ever suggested otherwise?

Being against all immigration isn't racist as you suggested.

The problems don't arise with immigration itself. These problems have been simmering for a long time, of course they erupt at times. I think it's up to us to change our society better so that this sort of stuff doesn't happen, not taking the easy way out and blaming the easy target such as immigration.
  • Options
    luke is a very strange boy indeed.
    very ... :crazyeyes

Lukesh :chin:
  • Options
    turlough wrote:
    Lukesh :chin:
    It's definitely him, I think he's even admitted that it's him.
  • Options
    lea_uk wrote:
    It's definitely him, I think he's even admitted that it's him.
    there can't be two in stoke ...i pressume jim gave him a return ticket.
  • Options
    they have the same birthday
  • Options
    Have I missed something?
  • Options
    Have I missed something?
    the return of lukesh ...nothing interesting.
  • Options
    the return of lukesh ...nothing interesting.

OK. I don't have a clue who Lukesh is but I'm sure I'll live. :thumb:
  • Options
    OK. I don't have a clue who Lukesh is but I'm sure I'll live. :thumb:

Just a fella who used to post here. Very entertaining guy indeed, posted the same sort of stuff as Luke here does but he lived in Stoke and was a lot funnier.
  • Options
    turlough wrote:
    Just a fella who used to post here. Very entertaining guy indeed, posted the same sort of stuff as Luke here does but he lived in Stoke and was a lot funnier.

And he got banned I'm guessing? Do they let people back after they have been banned, isnt their IP checked?
  • Options
    And he got banned I'm guessing? Do they let people back after they have been banned, isnt their IP checked?
    As I understand it, some people who are banned are sometimes invited back by the mods. However, they keep a very keen eye on them to make sure they don't break the rules again. Some offences, however, you'd never be allowed back. It's entirely at the mods discretion.
  • Options
    stargalaxy wrote:
    As I understand it, some people who are banned are sometimes invited back by the mods. However, they keep a very keen eye on them to make sure they don't break the rules again. Some offences, however, you'd never be allowed back. It's entirely at the mods discretion.

I'll keep that in mind and stay off the boards when I have pmt then. :p
  • Options
    Given the last few days I was in no rush to ban someone else, and obviously I know Luke88 is Lukesh.

Thing is, for all Luke's anger and inappropriate posts, he was always someone who seemed able to benefit from the point of this forum, and to be interested - if sometimes narrow in his own perspective.

I can't imagine who I'd rather see given a second chance, so when I saw him posting it seemed appropriate to try.

As Stargalaxy said he'll have to try and behave better than a normal user, but if he can we'll all see if he can get what he wants out of these boards - which is to be involved in a debate and spend some time discussing those matters of the day.

So, let's try and see whether a second chance can work without deliberately trying to get him banned. Let bygones be bygones for now, enless we are doomed to repeat our mistakes.
  • Options
    Teh_GerbilTeh_Gerbil Posts: 13,332 Born on Earth, Raised by The Mix
    I'll keep that in mind and stay off the boards when I have pmt then. :p
    :lol: ! See, if women were the rulers of countries... at that time of the month, huge world wars would break out! ;)

Yeah, ok, let's give Lukesh a second chance. If he can show himself to be good, fine.

My two cents on immigrantion, as it appears that is where this topic was last at - if you work, and can be a constructive member of society, and keep within our rules, fine, you can stay. If you don't, you can naff off home, regardless of what persecution you face. Because if you are going to be a criminal, or terrorist, you have no place here. And the same if you are gonig to bum off the dole without a good reason.
  • Options
    Jim V wrote:

behave better than a normal user, .
    normal!
    normal people don't come here jim!