Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

Favourite Rollercoaster

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited January 2023 in General Chat
Here you go, I don't think this one has been done before. (If it has, don't tell me, just let me have my moment).

I've still gotta say The Big One at Blackpool. I've been on it tonnes of times and I love it. But I've also got a soft spot for the older ones. I really like The Ultimate at Lightwater Valley.
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    But I've also got a soft spot for the older ones. I really like The Ultimate at Lightwater Valley.

:grump: that was going to be my one...

I'll have to say 'The Rat' then, for it's spooky red LEDs - or eyes, as they'd have us believe. There was another cracking (and pretty scary) one at LWV last time I went, but of course I can't remember the name of it.
    \
    I still love Nemesis at Alton Towers, none of the new kids on the block have ever been able to top that for me :)

Yep i agree :thumb:
    I like Air at Alton Towers.

But the ones in America kick ass! My faves in Florida:

Kracken at Seaworld - most of it is suspended over a big lake, very nice views and pretty scary

Dueling Dragons at Universal - two tracks intertwined, when you're at the front you fee like you're about to crash into the other carriage, very fun. Like the Grand National at Blackpool x10,000!

Hulk at Universal - Rather than hoisting you up a big hill to start with, this one just blasts you off straight up the hill at 40mph, and the straight into an inverted loop.

agree with you on all 3 :yes: especially the hulk one!! the first time i went on it i was sooo unprepared for it shooting off at the start like it did! nearly had a heart attack!!

although another one i really like is 'montu' in bush gardens. that one is awesome too. theres another one in busch gardens too that is good.. but i cant for the life of me remember its name...
    noo its not the wooden one. although that one is good too! (albeit i came off it with a splitting headache because it was so ricketty!)
    montu is the one in the 'egyptian/desert' area. the one you can see really well from the car park when you arrive!

oh yeah, the other one in busch gardens that i love now that i remember is 'kumba'.

aww i want to go there now!! :impissed:
    umm stealth at thorpe park, it is unbeatable simple as
    hulk is the one i've most enjoyed, i liked oblivion a lot too.

I found nemesis kind of dull, i dunno why
    i like the grand national at blackpool, also the big one, nemesis at alton towers was good, dragon khan @ port aventure (think its now a universal spain or something)

think thats about it
    Has to be oblivion for me at Alton towers :thumb:
    I've only been to Alton Towers and Drayton Manor, all the rollercoaters were good apart from Rita Queen of Speed.
    In order: Nemesis, Air, Oblivion, Shockwave.

Oh and Ripsaw was horrible, I got wet feet and nearly lost my glasses :grump:
    Cedar Point is great for rollercoasters. I loved Millennium Force and Top Thrill Dragster. Closer to home, I like the Nemesis. I am a big fan of rollercoasters.
    The Grand National at Blackpool.
    koe_182 wrote:
    i like the grand national at blackpool, also the big one, nemesis at alton towers was good, dragon khan @ port aventure (think its now a universal spain or something)

think thats about it

definitely agree with all of those! apart from the big one, i didnt really think much of that. I love the grand national at blackpool, well fun!

Nemesis is my favourite at Alton Towers. Theres another one at port adventura that was ace but i cant remember the name of it, it was wooden and really fast!

im gonna experience all the rollercoasters in florida this summer when I go, yay! I can't wait.
    I love rollercoasters.

I've been to lots of amusment parks and cannot choose a favorite.
    Superman at 6 flags in Mass is really awsome, as is Batman in the same place.
    Space Mountian at Disney World

There was one at the park in Minnestoa called Wild Things, nothing near a "great" roller coaster but I always loved it.

There was this great wooden rollercoaster in Bush Gardens, can't remember the name though. I love wodden rolelrcoasters, cant do the fancy stuff like steel, but I think its the rickity, what happens if theres termites feel that makes it more exciting.
    my_name wrote:
    I love rollercoasters.

I've been to lots of amusment parks and cannot choose a favorite.
    Superman at 6 flags in Mass is really awsome, as is Batman in the same place.
    Space Mountian at Disney World.
    I really want to go to Six Flags. I've got a virtual version of them on Rolercoaster Tycoon. They look amazing. I might go to the one in Holland sometime.
    I really want to go to Six Flags. I've got a virtual version of them on Rolercoaster Tycoon. They look amazing. I might go to the one in Holland sometime.

Oh I love that game, though none of the little bastards would ever go on the coasters I built, they all said it looked to scary :(
    Wimps :p
    And I like to build the ride, where it does the loop, then goes up, then just reverses, but make it go really fast and not make the upwards part long enough so the cars would go flying off the track :p

[/random]
    Oblivion messed all my hair up with the water jets it sprays!

SHIT! that bastard!
    You girls!! :razz:
  • Teh_GerbilTeh_Gerbil Posts: 13,332 Born on Earth, Raised by The Mix
    Rollercoaster Tycoon.
    Air at Alton Towers, god that was fun :) Nemisis bores me a little to be truthful and oblivion was all mouth no trooosers.
    my_name wrote:
    Oh I love that game, though none of the little bastards would ever go on the coasters I built, they all said it looked to scary :(
    Wimps :p
    And I like to build the ride, where it does the loop, then goes up, then just reverses, but make it go really fast and not make the upwards part long enough so the cars would go flying off the track :p

[/random]
    My rides always seem to have maximum levels of nausea, but aren't very high when it comes to enjoyment.
    Not the best roller coaster I've been on but for shock value - the one in the dark at thorpe park. It's in a huge tent thing under cover, you sit in your seat and when it starts you go flying backwards.
    Quite enjoyed that Valhalla ride at blackpool, purely because it meant we all got pissed wet through and it added to the comedy value of the day (in a backwards way). It was a boiling hot weekend in august so we dried pretty quickly, although probably stank of manky blackpool pleasure beach water. :)
    city_boy wrote:
    Not the best roller coaster I've been on but for shock value - the one in the dark at thorpe park. It's in a huge tent thing under cover, you sit in your seat and when it starts you go flying backwards.

x no way out i think its called
    muse- wrote:
    x no way out i think its called

Yeah, sounds familiar. I couldn't quite work out why my mates had smug grins on their faces before we went on it. Them being coaster pros and all...
    :lol:
    Hmm. The ones in Florida were really good undoubtedly, (Can't comment on their Disneyland though) but i don't think the best. Like the hulk in universal, that sets you off up at 40mph - we've got Rita that does it at 100, or aerosmith coaster in Disneyland Paris that sets you off at 90 into pitch black and so on (Went on that 23 times haha :D).

I think the big one is probably my all time favourite, followed by nemesis then aerosmith.
    I personally think Air is brilliant... but that might be just my personal experience as me and my friends were singing to the people queuing up as we went round! It was fun though :)

I also like the tobagganing one at Blackpool. If I can think of the name I'll add it....

[EDIT] Avalanche :thumb: I looked it up it was going to irritate me. And I meant bobsleigh, not whatever I put. I like it because it's never exactly the same twice (since you're not actually attached to the track :nervous: )
    Definately Aerosmith at Disneyland Paris! I love it so much :thumb:
    Definately Aerosmith at Disneyland Paris! I love it so much :thumb:

The rock and roller coaster is what they call it here. I forgot about that one, you are good, it is excelent! :thumb: