Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Met someone online?

2»

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    kaffrin wrote:
    relationships that start on the internet are no different that relationships that start any other way.

most relationships fail, no? i think people have a tendency to blame the failings on the fact they met on the internet, when really it's not a factor at all.

like, if you meet someone on the net that lives five hours away, and it doesn't work out, it probably didn't work out because of the distance, but still people say 'ooh, internet relationships never work out'. of if you meet someone online and they turn out to be totally mental, the relationship fails cause they're mental, and still would have done if they lived 2 minutes away and you met them in a more traditional way.

i met my other half on a website a bit like this one. it worked out because we were right for each other and because we made an effort. the internet had no bearing on it. it just acted as a meeting place.

Gotta agree.
  • Options
    i met my ex on msn messenger, through a joint conversation with another friend. we ended up being together for four years and he lived down my road... he turned out to be an arsehole, but the internet had nothing to with that
  • Options
    kaffrin wrote:
    relationships that start on the internet are no different that relationships that start any other way.

most relationships fail, no? i think people have a tendency to blame the failings on the fact they met on the internet, when really it's not a factor at all.

like, if you meet someone on the net that lives five hours away, and it doesn't work out, it probably didn't work out because of the distance, but still people say 'ooh, internet relationships never work out'. of if you meet someone online and they turn out to be totally mental, the relationship fails cause they're mental, and still would have done if they lived 2 minutes away and you met them in a more traditional way.

i met my other half on a website a bit like this one. it worked out because we were right for each other and because we made an effort. the internet had no bearing on it. it just acted as a meeting place.

:yes: :yes:
  • Options
    I agree with what both Mist and Kaffrin posted.

I met my chap on the internet, through livejournal in fact, but we met in person soon after and our relationship blossomed from there. I wouldn't consider it any different to meeting people any other way, as out relationship developed offline, I could have met him down the pub or in the library and it wouldn't have made any difference to how our relationship is.
  • Options
    Met my fiancee in the msn chat rooms of the old days :p 6 years ago.
  • Options
    This article about meeting people online is quite helpful in looking at the options out there!Good luck
  • Options
    I met someone who i'd consider special on here.

We've probably spoken every day for the last 4 years. How sad :p
  • Options
    Well...

I've met a really good mate through myspace, does that count?

Never really met somebody onlne for a relationship, or that intention... Although I met a friend and found out she was pretty damned cool and developed a crush... Ohh deary me, a crushing Moonrat. :yeees:

But nowt special
  • Options
    I loved the habo hotel when I was younger, made a good freind on there, but unfortunately I've not heard from her in years now :(
  • Options
    Used to chat to a guy a while back on MSN, got in contact with him again because he added me, then through him I met my current bf, then we met up.
  • Options
    Met a potential someone on another forum - she turned out to be a pathetic loser.
  • Options
    stargalaxy wrote:
    Met a potential someone on another forum - she turned out to be a pathetic loser.

Really? Care to point me in her direction?

*note* Joke. (Well partially)
  • Options
    Lifeless wrote:
    Really? Care to point me in her direction?

*note* Joke. (Well partially)

:lol::thumb:
  • Options
    i met my boyf online - through a forum we both used, we met in the live chatroom and just started pm-ing and e-mailing etc - we'v now been together coming up for 18 months, though i knew him for 6 months before we became a couple. was fab because we spent so much time chatting online and getting to know each other, and when we did finally meet up the chemistry was unbelievable. can't imagine my lifewithout him now.

love cavey
    xx
  • Options
    i agree with kaff.

met my ex bf on faceparty!

we kept it from most people as it has a bit of a stigma attatched to it. he only lives 15 minutes away so...
  • Options
    Yeah... I met the guy I'm seeing now because of MySpace (he was a friend of a friend of a friend kinda thing, and I came across him as I was browsing). But he does live just 5 minutes down the road from me, and we got to know each other pretty well before we started dating and stuff.
  • Options
    I met my ex on a forum like this one.
  • Options
    My first bf was a guy I met online, as I said. I ended up being hacked and having to leave the forum for good for real after I broke up with him.