Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

Life is not kind to my_name :(

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
As I sit at my desk, I look out the window. I see one row of cars and a hill, up on top of that hill is a eastbound part of a major highway. (as shown in the picture, nice action shot, huh)
From the day I got here, I've been thinking to myself, oh I cannot wait for an accident. Maybe a big one where somebody rolls down the hill, hence why I don't park on that side of the area. It's been almost one year that I have been waiting, even thru the winter. Oh gosh, I was sure there would have been one in the winter.

So skip to today, May 15th at just about 2:45pm. I'm sitting at my desk minding my own business not doing a whole lot and I hear it... the familiar sound of screaching tires. My heart skips a beat and my head turns to look out the window. I hear a crash. Not with another car, but a car definatly hit a guardrail. I look around to find nothing. Not a single misplaced car. I run to the window and search far and wide. Nothing. I see cars slowing down as they pass the area I suspect the crash happened. The westbound roads are just out of my view on the otherside of the highway. Thats where the crash took place. One year of waiting and its out of my view, out of my entertainment box. Why, god, why!! :crying:

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Because a car crash has so much entertainment value.... :rolleyes:
    Life is a bitch huh
    Renzo wrote:

Tell that to hollywood and all the people who come running out of their homes when they hear the crunch!
    I'm not quite sure what to make of that ... erm ... is it an American thing?
    Renzo wrote:
    yeh, but you cant help but look
    Morbid fascination :yes:

(look who's using big words today :D)
    I'm not quite sure what to make of that ... erm ... is it an American thing?

I'm at work, I don't exactly have a lot to look foward too to entertain me :p

I hope its not another year I must wait.
    We've had discussions of who was going to put the tack blanket down (who knows what they are called, the things coppers put up to deflate tires in a chase) but so far nobody has.
    Well that's interesting in a kind of..um...abnormal way. :p
    Yes, because having this done to your car whilst you're still in it, is entertaining and amusing. :banghead:

Urgh, why are people so vile. They think it's funny to stare at the car crash on the side of the road. 'Oh, it'll never happen to me' - you'll be laughing when it does happen to you. :yeees:
    how boring can a life get!
    myname ...i do know what you mean.
    it's like my kids watch formula one racing.
    cars go round a track.
    when they get to where they started from ...they go round again ...about a hundred times.
    how the fuck can that be interesting or exciting unless your waiting for some fucker to crash!
    cars go round a track.
    when they get to where they started from ...they go round again ...about a hundred times.
    how the fuck can that be interesting or exciting unless your waiting for some fucker to crash!
    don't ask ...i have no idea how the above duplicated at exactly the same time.
    Yes, because having this done to your car whilst you're still in it, is entertaining and amusing. :banghead:

Urgh, why are people so vile. They think it's funny to stare at the car crash on the side of the road. 'Oh, it'll never happen to me' - you'll be laughing when it does happen to you. :yeees:

Well if your going to be that way about it, I've totaled 2 cars, one resulting in my sister flying thru the windshield and had 3 other serious accidents yet I've removed the bumper from my ass and can still find the amusment in it :)
    cars go round a track.

Totally agreed here. I take it my_name has never been in a car crash then?
    don't ask ...i have no idea how the above duplicated at exactly the same time.
    You probably duplicated it 30 seconds after the first post but still with the same minute :chin:
    my_name wrote:
    Well if your going to be that way about it, I've totaled 2 cars, one resulting in my sister flying thru the windshield and had 3 other serious accidents yet I've removed the bumper from my ass and can still find the amusment in it :)
    Then you lead a very sad and pathetic life imo. :chin:
    my_name wrote:

You're one very sick person. I don't 'get' why you find something like this funnyy? I certainly don't...
    Then you lead a very sad and pathetic life imo. :chin:

Thank you! Good thing the people I work with are and the boyfriend also sad and pathetic else I'd have nobody to discuss this tragic incident with. :)
    Sofie wrote:
    You're one very sick person. I don't 'get' why you find something like this funnyy? I certainly don't...

Not funny. Entertaining. Have you nevever watched a film and thought the car crashing scenes brought some spunk to it? Have you never heard the screaching of tires and looked out your window to see what happened? Thats exactly what it is.
    It must be an american thing. No wonder you all voted for Bush. :no:
    It must be an american thing. No wonder you all voted for Bush. :no:

100%, all bush voters! Must have been sad to be the other guy (I dont even think he had a name) Not getting one vote in an entire country. Though that is quite a random topic, don't know what bush has to do with my day but oh well.
    my_name wrote:
    Not funny. Entertaining. Have you nevever watched a film and thought the car crashing scenes brought some spunk to it? Have you never heard the screaching of tires and looked out your window to see what happened? Thats exactly what it is.

Never done that. And I've seen crashes plenty of times, never found them amusing.
    Crikey Ilora, that's 3 posts where you haven't signed your name! In a row!

;)
    my_name wrote:
    Not funny. Entertaining. Have you nevever watched a film and thought the car crashing scenes brought some spunk to it?
    It's a MOVIE. Real people don't die in movies. Real people die in real road accidents. That is not an amusing fact. Jesus Christ.
    Crikey Ilora, that's 3 posts where you haven't signed your name! In a row!

;)
    Make that 5.
    It's a MOVIE. Real people don't die in movies. Real people die in real road accidents. That is not an amusing fact. Jesus Christ.

Now we're brining Jesus into this?
    Somebody bumped off a guardrail ffs, the meat wagon is hardly coming :rolleyes:
    Make that 5.
    Still 3 in a row, and then 2 in a row :p
    my_name wrote:
    Now we're brining Jesus into this?
    Somebody bumped off a guardrail ffs, the meat wagon is hardly coming :rolleyes:
    i'm with you on this one.
    all these people who dissagree ...i gaurantee ...driving down the highway ...flashing lights at the scene of a massacre ...will crane their little necks to see whats been going down here.
    If it makes you feel any better the guy that just walked in the door thru lunch said he passed no accidents on the road, yay, we care about random people again :yippe: :rolleyes:
    i'm with you on this one.
    all these people who dissagree ...i gaurantee ...driving down the highway ...flashing lights at the scene of a massacre ...will crane their little necks to see whats been going down here.

Exactly! You see a copper on the side of the road with its lights on doing nothing more than sitting next to a broken down car with nobody around and everybody on the road still slows down to get a glimpse of whats going on. But I'm a Bush voting Jesus worshiping devil for having jump up to see what the crash was on the highway. Oh dear. My curiousity deserves me a spot in hell. I should have no inckling to see what actually happened.

Edit:You'd hate to meet the HR guy, he was hoping for a body to roll down the hill :p