Home Home, Law & Money
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Anyone know about cars?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
My mates just got one and it seems to be one hell of a car for what he paid for it. He bought it from a Peugeot dealer as well.

Its a 2002 51 plate with 58k on the clock. It is in brand new condition, it has leather seats, air con, esc, abs etc etc.

It just seems a bit too cheap considering these cars cost nearly £14,000 when new.

Could be because of the new 207?

Comments

• Options
    What did he pay for it? :confused:
  • Options
    have a look at www.parkers.co.uk

good for price guides
  • Options
    briggi wrote:
    What did he pay for it? :confused:

Just what i was thinking.
  • Options
    May have low mileage but its still half a decade old.
  • Options
    Was more thinking why the hell is this in the Waste Time board...
    unless it's a joke and I don't get it...
  • Options
    my_name wrote:
    May have low mileage but its still half a decade old.
    LMFAO! Manda, you crack me up something awful. It's a 51 plate but it was made in 2002.
  • Options
    Jazza wrote:
    LMFAO! Manda, you crack me up something awful. It's a 51 plate but it was made in 2002.

I know silly, 2002 is a 5 year old car :p 5 years old=half a decade ;) I don't know what the [insert number] plate things are even :(
  • Options
    my_name wrote:
    I know silly, 2002 is a 5 year old car :p 5 years old=half a decade ;) I don't know what the [insert number] plate things are even :(
    What year is it there?
  • Options
    What year is it there?
    2007 cars are out, as the next years always come out like that therefore making the car 5 years old. :rolleyes:
  • Options
    MattMatt wrote:
    My mates just got one and it seems to be one hell of a car for what he paid for it. He bought it from a Peugeot dealer as well.

Its a 2002 51 plate with 58k on the clock. It is in brand new condition, it has leather seats, air con, esc, abs etc etc.

It just seems a bit too cheap considering these cars cost nearly £14,000 when new.

What make is it?
    (I don't wanna assume it's a Peugeot....coz, well, who would wanna buy a Peugeot??)
  • Options
    my_name wrote:
    2007 cars are out, as the next years always come out like that therefore making the car 5 years old. :rolleyes:

Are 2007 cars out in England? (Don't worry my_name, I'm not specifically asking you :) ) Surely not, I've only just got used to seeing 06 plates.... and surely, those are 2006 cars?

Saying that I have no clue about registrations. I still spend a good while struggling to understand why my car is an M reg, but my mates is a N reg... yet they were built at almost the same time..
  • Options
    my_name wrote:

It would make it a 3 or 4 year old car depending on when it was built :p

Our cars come out in the year, I think 06 plates were launched in March or something.
  • Options
    New cars are introduced twice a year, in February and in August. For instance, both M and N reg are 1996 cars, but M reg was released in February and N reg in August.
    With the new plates, 06 plates are for cars that came out in Feb, and 56 will be for plates for the cars released in August, like for instance the supercharged Jaguar XK.
    2007 cars in the UK won't be released until 2007.
    But in Japan and US that will be different.
    For instance, the 2007 Mustang is already out in the States, i think!!
    The new 1000bhp Nissan Skyline will be released in Europe after it's been released in Japan and US (unless I am wrong ;))
  • Options
    beans wrote:
    It would make it a 3 or 4 year old car depending on when it was built :p

Our cars come out in the year, I think 06 plates were launched in March or something.

I see, I didn't know there was a difference. They all call the new cars 07 since like April/Mayish for some car makers?? I never understood it but tis what they tell me :p

Edit: They are usually new models brought out early to retire a older model
    they want to get rid of.

Is what I was told, who knows if thats right though :p I just know I watch too many commercials and alot are plastering 2007 on them.
  • Options
    MattMatt wrote:

Car dealers swap cars all the time.

if you go to a saab dealership with a ford as part exchange they'll ring up a ford dealership they know and sell them the car and vice versa

It's probably just a cheap part exchanged car.
  • Options
    migpilot wrote:
    New cars are introduced twice a year, in February and in August. For instance, both M and N reg are 1996 cars, but M reg was released in February and N reg in August.
    With the new plates, 06 plates are for cars that came out in Feb, and 56 will be for plates for the cars released in August, like for instance the supercharged Jaguar XK.
    QUOTE]

Cars didn't start coming out twice a year until S reg which I think was 1998, before that the M and N regs would have been a year apart.
  • Options
    They might have not come out twice a year but they were "first registered" twice a year.
    That's why M reg can be 1995 and 1996....
    :)
  • Options
    Most 'new' cars have been sitting on a container ship or in a yard on Grimsby docks for god knows how many years.
  • Options
    migpilot wrote:
    What make is it?
    (I don't wanna assume it's a Peugeot....coz, well, who would wanna buy a Peugeot??)

I agree .. for a Peugeot, almost any amount of money is too much money ... :yeees: