Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

Workout clothes

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Following on from this thread: I want to get fit! I was wondering what type of clothes would make me feel least like an idiot whilst doing exercise. What do you guys wear?

I own a sports bra (if it still fits) and a sports style bikini but other than that not a lot that is suitable. I have some shoes that resemble trainers but they were cheap and not from a sports shop so I don't think it would be a good idea to exercise in them!

I have a thesite t-shirt which is like the least fitted top I own so I could wear that.

What should I wear on my legs? What is practical but not too ugly looking?

Cheers guys :thumb:

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Just don't go for the skanky look. How many girls I see at the gym with tops tinier than a bra and tight tight spandex low enough to see buttcrack :yuck:

I wear swishy pants (I've got no other name for them, but they make swishy noises when you walk) I've not seen anybody else in those kinds of pants for a couple years but I'm too cheap to buy new ones. And I sport my baggy drew carey shirt alot too :cool:

I see alot of those fitted sweat pants looking things. I'm sure those are dead cheap.

make sure your sneakers have good arch support. You can buy inserts too. I find that the most important thing as when mine don't I get bad shin splints very easliy.

Sports bra is a must. Even if you make walls jelous (I don't know, I've never seen your boobies :p ) working out w/o a sports bra is bad news.
    I wear Adidas baggy joggers, the blue ones with the three stripes down the side. Scally ones, if you like. :p And a t-shirt. And trainers.
    I have a tracksuit that I wear along with trainers.

I really should buy a sports bra though...
    I just wear some baggy sport shorts and a t-shirt and trainers. I don't care what i look like at the gym i always end up looking a right sweaty tramp at the end :rolleyes:
    Pop into Primark, they have got some nice cheap workout stuff in there at the mo. I got a load of gym trousers in there for 4 quid each and they are really nice. As for on top you can pick up sports bras pretty cheaply (obviously you wouldn't wanna be working out without one) and I usually wear semi fitted polo shirts. I would maybe invest in a good pair of trainers as they can damage your feet and give you injuries if you havent got something half decent
    i wear primark jogging bottoms (the nice, thin stretchy ones) but i hem them just under the knee so I don't overheat), sports bra, thick strapped vest (you know the ones topshops did for ages) and trainers.

i don't really work out - i go to a random beginners dance class cause i am ill and unfit, but the principle is the same :)
    i prefer going to the gym/running in shorts so i wear some little shorts and a t-shirt or vest top.

yeh invest in some trainers, i got sore shins from not wearing the correct footwear.
    i normally wear 3/4 length nike jogging bottoms, a football shirt and trainers.
    I wear shorts and a wales football shirt :thumb: