Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

chafing legs.(help)

2»

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Violette wrote:
    and tbh, making the assumption that everyone above a size 16 is unhappy is ridiculous.

Exactly.
    what i'm saying is, most peoples legs meet at the top - so naturally will rub. How much and if you notice or not is a different matter
    Ballerina wrote:
    what i'm saying is, most peoples legs meet at the top - so naturally will rub. How much and if you notice or not is a different matter

True.

The talc suggestion sounds a good'un.
    You probably don't understand this if you're not fat.

Yeah I had this problem just yesterday. Every overweight person has experienced this at one time or another. At one point a few years ago, I lost 70 pounds with a combination of diet and exercise. Two knee injuries later, I have gained the weight back and find it very difficult to exercise. Obviously, losing weight solved the chafing problem, along with many others. But how do you do it? Swimming and walking are basically my only options, and I can't seem to walk more than a couple miles without really painful chafing. This is a huge deal for fat people who are trying to lose weight, and it warrants a creative solution. Tried talcum powder, it's like putting a band-aid on an axe wound. I'm sure it works for thin people, and it might work temporarily, but just doesn't do the job for a 5-mile walk. The best suggestions I have heard are biking shorts (good luck finding big ones), or wrapping ace bandages around your upper thighs. I've also heard vaseline helps, but that'll probably be the last thing i try :)

Best of luck, you're not alone!
  • SkiveSkive Posts: 15,282 Skive's The Limit
    Chafing + running fast + shell suit = Fire hazard. :p

Talc may provie a temporary solution but long term ideally excerise to tone up your legs is probably the best bet. Most temporary solyutions are goign to be a serious inconvenience.
    Weekender Offender 
    Go for nappy cream - will do the trick ;-)
    oooh i know!

have you tried Lanacane??

I use it as a face primer, but it's really an anti chafing gel

be sure to get the yellow and blue one.... cuz the yellow and red one is an anti-itch cream!