Home Home, Law & Money
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

need to remove blu-tack stains!!!

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Hey guys!

I'm stressing because my contract for my flat finishes soon and I have white-tack oily stains on my walls from putting up posters! ... I looked at the contract agreement thing, and it actually says "If any grease marks are left, you must make sure that these are eradicated by cleaning ... otherwise this cost will be taken from your deposit." :grump:

Please, please, please, any ideas that could remove those greasy stains!!!

GREATLY appreciated,

x

Comments

• Options
    Grease cleaner (like the stuff you use to clean the stove top)? Soap and water? Counter cleaner?
    Or if desperate just paint over them.
  • Options
    Try using baby wipes...sounds odd but they're gentle but still good for cleaning stuff like that
  • Options
    When we moved out of uni accomodation we just bought a tester pot of paint to cover up the stains, but the whole house was painted magnolia so it was pretty easy.
  • Options
    our uni was a bunch of con men - they charged use for the cost of a replacement carpet in the dining area which was only about 3m by 3m sqaure - about £200.

When we visited the same flat the following year we saw they'd just kept the same carpet as well as our £200