Home Work & Study
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

CACHE Dimploma in Child care and NVQ In Child care

BillieTheBotBillieTheBot Posts: 8,721 Bot
edited March 27 in Work & Study
Does anyone know if there's much difference between the two courses please?
Beep boop. I'm a bot.
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    A dip's a bit harder i think but better reconised in childs care and means more x
    CACHE is like the more recognised one i know that much.
    ^^^

I was just coming to post along those lines. :)

The CACHE is the one I've seen most frequently in job advertisements and what is often required for nannies and similar. I'm not sure of the academic/practical differences, but I imagine any college website would detail the respective modules, workload, career prospects etc. Or send them an email.
    Isnt the NVQ what you do while you're already working in a nursery/childcare setting?

I've got the Cache Diploma, I spent two years at college doing basically one week college, one week of placement and so on. I really enjoyed it, and if you don't mind the graft I recommend it :) and like the others said employers do tend to look more favourably on it because you spend a lot of time learning the theory in college.

When I worked in a nursery there were a few girls who weren't qualified but were doing their NVQ level 2 while they worked, they had an assessor woman who came in every two weeks or something to look at their paperwork and mark off their modules etc.
    Isnt the NVQ what you do while you're already working in a nursery/childcare setting?

AFAIK, yes. The way I'm doing it is through 6th form - 2 days at Achievement Training, 2 days work placement and 1 day doing Key Skills at school.
    My mum's creche does the NVQ, and that's all they require AFAIK - but obviously the more qualfied you are the better.

I know my mums a club manager there and she only has her NVQ 3 though. Some childcare settings take you on with no qualification and get you your NVQ there though yes. (They offered it me in my spare time from college where I'm doing a completely different NVQ. :rolleyes: )