Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

To the DJ's of TheSite...

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Access Virus C :D.

A what now?

I just google imaged it... looks like some sort of music production equipment, or a rotary mixer...
    Im going to get it links in with PC software somehow?
    JamesZero wrote:
    Yeah I read that somewhere when I was looking into it... it just happens that I stumbled across ShoutCast first and decided to stick with it.

I dont know how it handles on a large scale though, I have had 5 people listen and it ran fine.

I have a online DJ radio plan with a mate of mine, which will basically allow DJ to play from home, then the feed go to a server, so = 1 listener and then te server is used to send it to users, allowing lots of listeners at the same time... will take us time to do it to ad some cash, but it will be in flash... The site for it should open soon without the radio first... will have parties info, DJs profl, forums and will allow DJs to upload some mix... make the community grow a bit while we develop the software for the broadcasting... a studio for those who can't play from home is also plan... will be London based... and if all go well and we make enough cash we will even go FM... long project and big goal, but hopefully we will get there...
    I have a online DJ radio plan with a mate of mine, which will basically allow DJ to play from home, then the feed go to a server, so = 1 listener and then te server is used to send it to users, allowing lots of listeners at the same time... will take us time to do it to ad some cash, but it will be in flash... The site for it should open soon without the radio first... will have parties info, DJs profl, forums and will allow DJs to upload some mix... make the community grow a bit while we develop the software for the broadcasting... a studio for those who can't play from home is also plan... will be London based... and if all go well and we make enough cash we will even go FM... long project and big goal, but hopefully we will get there...

i'll lend a hand with that plan :)

Sounds like a good plan... sounds well thought out as well!
    Will be alot of hard work, but well worth it if you pull it off...
    I have DJed on a few radio stations before, pirate and Online... brings back memorys... DJing in a tiny crampt room with a shitty little nokia phone going off every now and then... occasionally having to mission up to the roof of some near by building to help fix the rig... was a good laugh.
    MrG wrote:
    i'll lend a hand with that plan :)

cool, will be very welcome!

should have the website online by the end of the week...

Planning on having some contest as well maybe...
    like babe of the month where girls can sponsor a DJ by sending us sexy pic of them next to some DJ gears... to have a nice pics in the gallery ;)
    And DJs will be ale to win sets in parties...
    We got plenty planned...

Any suggestions welcome :)

The goal is to attract futur listener as well so when the radio is open we have more than few listeners...
    JamesZero wrote:
    Sounds like a good plan... sounds well thought out as well!
    Will be alot of hard work, but well worth it if you pull it off...
    I have DJed on a few radio stations before, pirate and Online... brings back memorys... DJing in a tiny crampt room with a shitty little nokia phone going off every now and then... occasionally having to mission up to the roof of some near by building to help fix the rig... was a good laugh.

Yes it will be a lot of hard work and I sure hope we will manage tpo pull that one off... could be quite good...
    Yes it will be a lot of hard work and I sure hope we will manage tpo pull that one off... could be quite good...

Good luck with it mate...
    Keep me updated and I will lend a hand here and there when I get the time. Even if its just chucking up a few mixes I have done, for you to fill the site out a bit!
    JamesZero wrote:
    Good luck with it mate...
    Keep me updated and I will lend a hand here and there when I get the time. Even if its just chucking up a few mixes I have done, for you to fill the site out a bit!

Cool, thanks mate ;)
    MrG wrote:
    how much would you be willing to part with them for, out of pure interest?

Around £475.

James, the Access Virus is a synth, and a very sweet one at that! Although, I may also look for a Roland JP-8080 as it's been a personal fave of mine for some time.

JP-8080
    jp8080.jpg

Access Virus C

virusc.jpg
  • Dr PirateDr Pirate Posts: 8,303 Legendary Poster
    JamesZero wrote:
    Thats using PC software though...

I could talk over the music, cos all I need the PC for is broadcasting the sound...

I would just use the mic plugged into my DJ mixer.
    Although I will take a look at the Sam3, could be interesting if it had more features....
    PM me your msn, I'll send you Sam3 with all the registation codes and such :x
    After posting on this thread all day at work I couldnt wait to get home and have a mix!
    They are the best ones, when your just itching to get home and jump straight on the decks... love it!

Although my room is boiling and i'm sweating my bollox off now!!

Pirate, ok mate sounds good... I will PM you in a sec!
    JamesZero wrote:
    After posting on this thread all day at work I couldnt wait to get home and have a mix!

Tell me about it, posting in here give me an urge to mix, but can't :banghead:
    Even if I set up the decks I have no needles!!
    Tell me about it, posting in here give me an urge to mix, but can't :banghead:
    Even if I set up the decks I have no needles!!

Shit, that must be frustrating... your all good to go but with no needles!

What ones are you thinking of getting? I have the concord DJ's, they are wicked! £100 a pair though.
    JamesZero wrote:
    Shit, that must be frustrating... your all good to go but with no needles!

What ones are you thinking of getting? I have the concord DJ's, they are wicked! £100 a pair though.

Don't know, I like the concod needle, but not the head, I like old fashion big head... Will depend on my cash tbh...
    JamesZero, I've added you to MSN, I'm rar-ing the files as we speak.
    Im on msn and it aint popped up that anyones added me...
    Want to act like this again
    :):):)

techno.gif
    haha!

Its funny innt!
    The amount of times I have been Djing and get carried away with the bopping around... only to turn round and see my sister behind me pissing herself laughing!

I love it though... I hate when you see DJ's just standing there doing nothing! You got to dance about while doing it!
    Hmm as much as i would love to do it, you've just made it sound way too complicated for my tiny mind to comprehend.
    If you buy one of them "DJ in a box" packages... its actually quite straight forward and cheap set up.
    Mixing takes a while to learn, but if you keep at it you will pick it up... and when you do, its so rewarding!

The reason we have made it sound complicated is cos we are talking about the more complicated end of DJing... all the big boys toys! :D
    JamesZero wrote:
    If you buy one of them "DJ in a box" packages... its actually quite straight forward and cheap set up.
    Mixing takes a while to learn, but if you keep at it you will pick it up... and when you do, its so rewarding!

The reason we have made it sound complicated is cos we are talking about the more complicated end of DJing... all the big boys toys! :D

Yeah but my girly competive side would want to be better then any blokes doing it :p

How am i meant to do that when my brain can't take it in. I'm better off sticking to listening to the radio.
    LacyMay wrote:
    Yeah but my girly competive side would want to be better then any blokes doing it :p

How am i meant to do that when my brain can't take it in. I'm better off sticking to listening to the radio.

Well you have a point there... you dont get much higher class DJing than mine! :p
    JamesZero wrote:
    Well you have a point there... you dont get much higher class DJing than mine! :p

Bet you got mickey mouse gear :p

Cos i'm so tired i'll be nice. It's all very impressive. I like all the bits that turn and stuff.
    LacyMay wrote:
    Bet you got mickey mouse gear :p

:lol:
    LacyMay wrote:
    Cos i'm so tired i'll be nice. It's all very impressive. I like all the bits that turn and stuff.

Why thank you!
    arg... ok I'll PM you my msn and you add me :p
    Wow .. well this thread has moved on :D im up for helping out on this plan also even again if its just to throw up some mixes now and then :D
    GoodFella wrote:
    Wow .. well this thread has moved on :D im up for helping out on this plan also even again if its just to throw up some mixes now and then :D

Yeah i'll help too.

How does a pic of me draped over a speaker sound?! :p

Or not. Don't wanna blind anyone.
    Or you could just hold a deck :p

Oooo thats one letter away from being something completely different :D
    LacyMay wrote:
    How does a pic of me draped over a speaker sound?! :p

I will do the same! Wearing only a pair of headphones! :D
    Is this something thats actually gonna be done (not the posing naked .. well maybe :p). I was drunk when i read it last night but thinking about it, it is actually a good idea :d