Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

To the DJ's of TheSite...

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I realised how muc I missed mixing when I played few days ago... it does relax you, it is fucking enjoyable... basically i really miss it now...

Damn right! Whenever i need to take my mind off something going on me decks is probably the best thing! Plus you get that amazing feeling when you pull off a mix that just goes perfect :D Also i just fucking love the music! :D
    GoodFella wrote:
    Damn right! Whenever i need to take my mind off something going on me decks is probably the best thing! Plus you get that amazing feeling when you pull off a mix that just goes perfect :D Also i just fucking love the music! :D

It does help indded... before when i was down I used to play techno, acid techno, french tribe and harcore... all day long... loud as fuck... it does fucking help... make some noise... get the rage out... oh yeah... that's so fucing good...
    i have a set of citronic pd 45's (exactly the same as the stanton str 150's minus a few features, built in the same factory and all!) which are brilliant decks with amazing torque (bout 3 times the torque technics have) but i have a useless mixer at the minute .. im considering an xone 32 when i get a job (or vestax pcv 275) but the xone is useless for scratching (amazing for mixing tho) so i dont know!

nice setup btw!
    z01 wrote:
    vestax pcv 275

the vestax is alright, they are build to last too...
    played and few and liked them...
    but if yu can go for the xone32...
    :lol: It is fucky sturdy that's why I like it so much, no need to try to be gently... Gemini is well known for that... they do basic mixer, but strong as fuck...

I had a Gemini 626 once, was a nice mixer and only 80 odd quid!
    I realised how muc I missed mixing when I played few days ago... it does relax you, it is fucking enjoyable... basically i really miss it now...

or it's summer so I can put my decks on the roof... lol...

Yeah, mixing is therapeutic! You can just switch off and have a mix...
    Its always wicked when you mix a new record for the first time as well! The perfectly shiney vinyl of a brand new tune you love! :D
    JamesZero wrote:
    The perfectly shiney vinyl of a brand new tune you love! :D

Oh yeah... vinyl... lovely... vinyl fetish... ;)
    z01 wrote:
    i have a set of citronic pd 45's (exactly the same as the stanton str 150's minus a few features, built in the same factory and all!) which are brilliant decks with amazing torque (bout 3 times the torque technics have) but i have a useless mixer at the minute .. im considering an xone 32 when i get a job (or vestax pcv 275) but the xone is useless for scratching (amazing for mixing tho) so i dont know!

nice setup btw!

I wouldnt go for vestax for scratching mate... the faders on there mixers are generally stiff as fuck!
    For scratching you want a fader that you can pretty much use your mouth to blow it across...
    Also you want one that has a fader curve so you can take it right down.
    Here we go, not much but me likes :D
    GoodFella wrote:
    Here we go, not much but me likes :D

I love the design the the TT's as I said before.

Very nice mate.
    I think this thread should be the official site.org DJ thread :D, don't have much of that around here.
    GoodFella wrote:
    I think this thread should be the official site.org DJ thread :D, don't have much of that around here.

:D
    Seconded!
    JamesZero wrote:
    :D
    Seconded!

thirded!

A thesite.org party wouldbe nice too :yes:
    thirded!

A thesite.org party wouldbe nice too :yes:

Ooo that would be good :D With us all DJ'ing :D hehe
    Or do TheSite Radio using shoutcast :yes:
    GoodFella wrote:
    Ooo that would be good :D With us all DJ'ing :D hehe

Yep it would be...
    got a mate that do parties in London few times per month...
    could see with him if anyone is interested :)
    JamesZero wrote:

Do explain .... :D
    I posted a thing about shout cast in Net & Tech a while ago...

Its a plug in for WinAMP... with a bit of setting up... you can pretty much just give someone your IP address and they can hear audio running through your PC using WMP, iTunes, WinAMP...

So... if you have your mixer hooked up to your PC you can mix and broadcast it across the net live. I tried it with a couple of mates once, works perfectly.
    Hmm would be abit of a problem for me seeing as i don't have internet access in my room plus theres not really any room in the rooms that do have access. Would be good though :D
    JamesZero wrote:
    I wouldnt go for vestax for scratching mate... the faders on there mixers are generally stiff as fuck!
    For scratching you want a fader that you can pretty much use your mouth to blow it across...
    Also you want one that has a fader curve so you can take it right down.

its not specifically for scratching its just the xone is useless if i ever intend to do a bit of scratching .. after a shitload of research and reading reviews ive came to the conclusion i want one of those mixers!
    depends on how far away your net connection is I suppose...

You hook your mixer up to your PC via a Photo to mini jack cabel i assume?
    I you can get them at huge lenghts, or you can get extentions!

Still though, its a mission. Im lucky in that sence as my router and PC are about 3 feet from my decks.
    Hmm yeah will be a mission. Maybe i'll just record some mixes and put em up somewhere. Dunno where. Anyway time to go on them for abit i think, starting to think too much about stuff ...
  • Dr PirateDr Pirate Posts: 8,303 Legendary Poster
    JamesZero wrote:
    Sam3 (which is what I use) > Shoutcast.

Shoutcast is REALLY limited. You can't for example, talk over music, you need to mute it before speaking, sounds very unprofesional.
    you can upload a mix to something like www.megaupload.com

People wont be able to streem it, but they can download it and listen...
    If you put one up I will take a listen.

Would be interesting to hear as i'm not that big on techno and i'm always up for trying something new when it comes to music!
    Dr Pirate wrote:
    Sam3 (which is what I use) > Shoutcast.

Shoutcast is REALLY limited. You can't for example, talk over music, you need to mute it before speaking, sounds very unprofesional.

Thats using PC software though...

I could talk over the music, cos all I need the PC for is broadcasting the sound...

I would just use the mic plugged into my DJ mixer.
    Although I will take a look at the Sam3, could be interesting if it had more features....
    What kinda stage you at in your DJ'ing .. technically? Perfect mixer? Beatmatching sorted?

For me i've pretty much got my beatmatching all sorted its just pretty much the placement of the mixes that i have to work on. But i guess that'll come with time as soon i as know my records off by heart :d
    I would say pefect mixing... I have been doing it for almost 7 years now...

Obviously I still make mistakes, and when you have a new tune you still have to get used to the structure of it.

But I find beatmatching and timing second nature now really...

My only problem with DJing is when im a bit hyped and getting really into it I tend to mix tunes really fast... the beatmatching is still fine... but if you just drop a tune in quick sometimes the placement can sound terrible!
    You can brodcast using flash too... never tried it tho...
    I have some Pioneer CDJ-1000's but hope to swap them for an Access Virus C :D.
    I have some Pioneer CDJ-1000's but hope to swap them for an Access Virus C :D.

how much would you be willing to part with them for, out of pure interest?
    You can brodcast using flash too... never tried it tho...

Yeah I read that somewhere when I was looking into it... it just happens that I stumbled across ShoutCast first and decided to stick with it.

I dont know how it handles on a large scale though, I have had 5 people listen and it ran fine.