Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

"Business is business"

124»

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Sorry I have no idea what you mean.

What do you mean by "wealth"?

Measured in what?
    Wealth as in tangible possesions, in this instance given value by the capacity to produce things (being non consumable)
    Ah ok. Rather goes against the idea of subjective value but ok.

So you recognise that there is no free market or capitalism at present, only watery communism?
    Yer but capital isn't really consumable, its just a means and isn't bought because it derives any enjoyment or whatever. Though this isn't applicable to stockmarkets and accumulating/decumulating the stuff on the basis of a subjectively valued firm.
    That is assuming that "capital" is fiat currency, which is the single most inimical thing to a free market and the main tool of the state in maintaining it's stranglehold.

Same with stocks and shares, tools of the state that wouldn't last five minutes in a free market.
    I'm not talking about money and why wouldnt a stock market exist in klintock land?
    Because no one would voluntarily give all their profits from working to someone else. It's madness. Take the violence out of the system and introduce free choice and the whole stock market would be over in weeks.
    Toadborg wrote:
    Unwilling rather than incapable. Why exactly am I required to explain all these things, which I am sure you understand?

Ermmm...its called debate. Either engage in it or go away.
    Toadborg wrote:
    Yet again you seek to dig yourself out by frocing the burden of proof on to others whilst thinnking that saying 'under a communist system everything would be provided for' is the 'theory' counts as a valid point in the debate.

"From each according to their ability to each according to their needs". I'm sure that must ring a little bell for you?
    Toadborg wrote:
    and again you mistake 'not agreeing' with 'not understanding' which underlines your breathtaking arrogance in beleiveing that ou are right all the time, which makes your participation in a debate rather futile.

Errr...what? :confused: What I was trying to do was to expand the terms of the debate, but you're obviously not interested ina ny debate, you'd rather just try and start a row. Well done. :rolleyes:
    Toadborg wrote:
    As for disruption I thought the thread was going reasonably well until you started insulting people..........

You're such a hypocrite.
    "From each according to their ability to each according to their needs". I'm sure that must ring a little bell for you?

What's the mechanism?

If it's price then you've got a free market. If it's someones opinion, it's a totalitarian dictatorship.

I often wonder why you are in favour of total state domination. Pretty odd position for an "anarchist."
    klintock wrote:
    I often wonder why you are in favour of total state domination. Pretty odd position for an "anarchist."

Is it because "the state" pays the rent ? :chin:
    Is it because "the state" pays the rent ? :chin:

Could be, could be. It's hard for people to have any kind of moral consistency when they are filling their pockets with stolen cash, isn't it?