Home Work & Study
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

does anyone know by any chance......

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited March 27 in Work & Study
if when you take a HND and decide to top up to a degree whether your HND marks are counted in your degree classification? i have emailed various people (lecturers) and had no luck finding out so i was wondering if any of you know at all.
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Options
    littlemissylittlemissy Posts: 9,972 Supreme Poster
    I don't think so.

The HND would be like the first year of your degree and the classification is based on either your final or last 2 years.
  • Options
    no.
    most often your degree mark is calculated from your final 2 years.
    e.g. at staffordshire university, where i am, its 30% of your overall mark is from level 2. 70% from level 3.
    usually if you are doing a top up degree, you need to do 2 years to get it so its calculated from those 2 years. although the ratios do depend on what university you are at.
  • Options
    Depends on the individual university and sometimes varies between departments.
  • Options
    Randomgirl wrote:
    Depends on the individual university and sometimes varies between departments.

Exactly, I topped up to a Ba from an HND in one year and some of my final year HND marks were taken into account.
  • Options
    The people I know to have done it were put into different years depending on their grades; distinctions did one year top ups, others did two years. Something like that.