Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Piercings

2»

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    *Stacey* wrote:
    Just my ears :blush:

I used to have my nose pierced though

Saaame. Nose makes your eyes water.
  • Options
    Rachael wrote:
    Saaame. Nose makes your eyes water.

:yes: I have bad allergies/lots of boogers constantly... not a good combination w/ a nose ring Needless to say that piercing lasted 2 weeks :p
  • Options
    SkiveSkive Posts: 15,284 Skive's The Limit
    I've got my ears done twice. Don't wear a ring anymore though.
    Weekender Offender 
  • Options
    Ear lobes once per ear, right cartilage. I reeeeeeeeally want my lobes pierced again, and my lip, and my belly button. But mother dearest would never allow it :(.
  • Options
    Don't tell her :p
  • Options
    I'd love to have my lip done but due to work i cant have that done. Personally i love lip and labert piercings (any tbh) on wome, theres just something about them.

As to the pain, i found that some pinched alittle others not at all. I've got both nipples, right lobe (stretched to 4mm atm), Prince Albert (getting that stretched soon - this is the only one that DID NOT hurt, and no numbbing agent put on) and got my tongue done 2 weeks ago. Did have my eyebrow years ago but got ripped so took it out.

I found that the nipples hurt the most but then it only felt like the needle when giving blood. So nothing to worry about.
  • Options
    Ive got my ears done twice, and did have my belly done, except it messed up when i was pregnant.
  • Options
    i have 3 piercing in my ears the inside bit of my ears my nose my tongue my chin my navel and i had my nipple done but it started to reject so i had to remove it i was gutted.
    all piercings were numbed so were not painful and only a little saw after. i have plastic bars in my tongue and chin as my gums and teeth were getting damaged.
    having my ears pierced hurt more than my other piercing. my nose just made my eyes water. my nipple was the least painful.
  • Options
    If you want both nipple, have them done at the same time, as sometimes some people do one and never go back for the second... It's a bit painful, not that's bad, but if you plan on doing both, do it in a raw...
    A lot of piercing studios won't pierce both nipples in one sitting - basically because it's uber difficult to sleep on your back for 6 weeks. At least with one nipple pierced, you have the other side to sleep on - with both pierced and you're practically screwed.

Ilora x
  • Options
    Violette wrote:
    cant see it THAT clearly thereee but there's my frankenstein bolt :D

That is so cute :D
  • Options
    A lot of piercing studios won't pierce both nipples in one sitting - basically because it's uber difficult to sleep on your back for 6 weeks. At least with one nipple pierced, you have the other side to sleep on - with both pierced and you're practically screwed.

Ilora x
    Thats ridiculous. People pierce both ears at the same time.
  • Options
    My mate's brother had his neck done (amongst 100s of other things) and he took it out after a few weeks.
  • Options
    Violette wrote:
    :D:D:D

oh manda. i dint think you would like that sorta thing. im impressed dude.

I'm only 99.99% oblivious to good looking things ;) I've always adored the back of the neck piercing, maybe I'll get one now :p
  • Options
    i have 3 piercing in my ears the inside bit of my ears my nose my tongue my chin my navel and i had my nipple done but it started to reject so i had to remove it i was gutted.

I've never heard of a chin piercing before!! :chin:

I love stephs nape piercing. We were meant to be getting it done together, but then she had hers and said it killed so i chickened out :D
  • Options
    I just love people who ask "Does it hurt?"....

Lets just sit back for a second....and think....
    Done?
    Right...figured it out? lol.
    You are going for a procedure where, despite the skill and craft it takes to do it correctly, you are going to have a very very very sharp needle pushed through your flesh and a piece of metal put inside this open wound.....

Dont ask silly questions. hehe.

But on the upside, if you really do want that piercing, if you really are craving that hole, if you dont feel quite right without that nice piece of shiny jewellery attached to your body, the pain is an acceptable price no?....if it aint, then dont even walk through that door - your not a piercing person.

By the way, ive currently got my lip pierced, my first piercing and my only surviving one, but i have had a number of lobe and cartlidge piercings and also both of my eyebrows at various times....i would have my tongue done too if it werent for the bizarre structure of the veins inside it that may or may not get in the way. Pain is worth it, possible gratuitous bleeding and a hospital visit to close it up is not. hehe.

Peace and Happy Piercing
  • Options
    people always ask if my lip piercing hurt and i am truthful and say 'yes' (quite obvious really) and they look at me in disgust as if i'm a complete nutter and say 'well why did you do it then?!?!'

FUCKING IDIOTS :banghead:
  • Options
    kangoo wrote:
    people always ask if my lip piercing hurt and i am truthful and say 'yes' (quite obvious really)

Not really obvious... pain tolerance vary by people... mine didn't hurt and I did it myself and slowly cos well, had to do it in front of the mirror... it can hurt for some people and not for others...
  • Options
    you're saying it didn't hurt at all, not even a tiny weeny little bit? most people would say that getting jabbed with a pin hurts to some degree so i think experiencing some pain when being jabbed by a 2mm thick pin all the way through the skin is to be expected. all my piercings hurt, not enough to bother me, but there was pain all the same
  • Options
    kangoo wrote:
    you're saying it didn't hurt at all, not even a tiny weeny little bit? most people would say that getting jabbed with a pin hurts to some degree so i think experiencing some pain when being jabbed by a 2mm thick pin all the way through the skin is to be expected. all my piercings hurt, not enough to bother me, but there was pain all the same

Well you fell it yeah, but I mean not everyone feel pain as proper pain, but as a pressure that is ejoyable... that's what i meant... also my tongue piercng I really didn't feel a thing when it was done... later yes tho...
  • Options
    i had the top of my ear done when i was 9, and it hardly hurt at all, i didn't even flinch
    my belly button wasn't too bad because she did it so quick, it was a pain after though - i think it hit a vein because for a day after, if i leaned forward slightly then it would start pouring with blood....i even had cots coming out of it and it took over a year to heal properly. It's fine now though....it grosses my boyfriend out when i take it out or put it in though :p
    i would say the most painful ones for me have been my ear lobes