Home Drink & Drugs
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Ketamine

Comments

• Options
    JadedJaded Posts: 2,682 Boards Guru
    MB - I refer you to Kimono's comment above...
  • Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    alright ok I'll concede this one, having just looked at the extra data i can now see how it fits in on a broader scale, i dont really think anything can be added in the light of this.
  • Options
    yeah actually im sorry i really should have read all the articles.

In particular the article relating to isolation tank experiments was concise, informative and interesting.
  • Options
    Kimono wrote:
    One more thing... I'm sure all the medical researchers out there might dispute the claim that 'you can't have a scientific study on people who take illegal, recreational, non-pharma grade drugs' ;)

How do you work that out? :confused:

If you're buying street drugs you dont have clue what's in them? :confused:
  • Options
    I think what Kimono is pointing out is that scientific research can give us invaluable insight to both direct research and inform policy and treatment.

What i think the case is that you obviously can't recreate reality in the lab.
  • Options
    KimonoKimono Posts: 201 Trailblazer
    Scientific research is carried out on people who take illegal drugs all the time - it's an important way of finding out what the dangers of certain drugs are, how long-term use affects the body, how to treat addiction, how to classify drugs etc.

The fact that you don't always have a clue what you're buying is all the more reason to carry scientific tests on certain drugs and their effects on those who take them.

Scientific studies on people who take illegal drugs mean that we can find out information such as this.
  • Options
    Zenie wrote:
    How do you work that out? :confused:

If you're buying street drugs you dont have clue what's in them? :confused:

Just because all cannabis smokers aren't using the same cannabis doesnt mean you cant do studies on them.

You, of course, do need to take into account the variability of the supply, but with a broad enough base group you can make good judgements on what consumption of cannabis (in all its forms) will do to people.

And its the same with the other drugs.
  • Options
    the natural sciences give us a basis for further investigations in the real world, in real time.

Without scientific enquirey the rational bases from which policy is informed and information derrived would be severely undermined.
  • Options
    Without scientific enquirey the rational bases from which policy is informed

That's how its supposed to be, except of course that the Chair of the ACMD accepts that the drug laws are not based on risk or specific information.
  • Options
    bongbudda wrote:
    That's how its supposed to be, except of course that the Chair of the ACMD accepts that the drug laws are not based on risk or specific information.
    What is the official line on how exactly the drug laws are formulated?
  • Options
    well yes thats in theory, although i wasnt aware of that i must say!

Im reading a book called 'This is Ecstasy' at the moment where it outlines some policy examples of the same ilk under the Clinton administration.
  • Options
    What is the official line on how exactly the drug laws are formulated?

They dont even try to explain the current drug laws because they are obviously rubbish.

With new drugs there is supposed to be a risk assessment done, but this is a relatively pointless document because everyone knows that drug law is formulated by what the next Daily Mail headline is going to be.
  • Options
    well yes thats in theory, although i wasnt aware of that i must say!

For more information read this;

http://www.tdpf.org.uk/MediaNews_LatestNews_17_03_06_Select_Committee_ACMD.htm
    Im reading a book called 'This is Ecstasy' at the moment where it outlines some policy examples of the same ilk under the Clinton administration.

Is it good then? I'll have to keep an eye out for it. If you havent read it Cocaine is really good;

http://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos/ASIN/0753506270/qid=1147961568/sr=1-7/ref=sr_1_3_7/203-8910671-5939150
  • Options
    We've got a load of ket for the weekend. But I don't know if I want to take it if I can only take it in isolation. I've already started drinking tonight so don't think I'll be at it tonight. See what I'm like tomorrow. What's the craic with smoking weed on it?
  • Options
    Lucky you!
  • Options
    Aye, well we've got good speed and yokes for tonight and we're goin clubbin now, so I think I'll stick to stimulants for now. Might hit the k tomorrow.
  • Options
    Addict wrote:
    Aye, well we've got good speed and yokes for tonight and we're goin clubbin now, so I think I'll stick to stimulants for now. Might hit the k tomorrow.
    Good night then? :D
  • Options
    had a fantastic trip around scotland's national gallery and princes street gardens today. im still wired.
  • Options
    Addict wrote:
    . What's the craic with smoking weed on it?

Physically not a dangerous mix (unlike with alcohol or other downers) but if you want the full k-hole experience I have heard that cannabis can cloud that and make it not as clear.

It also might make it more likely you'll be sick, which obviously isnt a good thing.
  • Options
    The cannabis and ketamine didn't really work too well. I just got confused, and a bit lethargic so I let it pass.

I did find that ecstacy and ketamine work very well together though. I timed my come-up on one pill with a line. Beautiful sensations. You feel like a god. I was able to pull the walls in towards me, then release them back again. Felt like I was in a computer game, you feel so powerful. All your movements feel so graceful. At one point I stood in the mirror moving my arms out in quick movements, just testing things. It was amazing. It also felt like my centre of gravity had been lowered. I loved being active and jumping around on it. It was like being in Mortal Kombat or something :lol: .

I've decided that ketamine is probably the best drug I've tried because it's really anything you want it to be. It's so versatile. You can moon out and chill. You can trip. You can dance. You can jump around like a loon. It's fantastic.

Felt fresh as a daisy the next day as well. No nasty after-effects or comedown. Fantastic. I would just recommend doing it with people you're good friends with, and very comfortable around. At one point an american girl had called round to the flat to talk to my mate. Listening to her kind of fried me up a bit, and that can be quite distressing on ketamine.
  • Options
    Sounds good. How many pills did you drop with it? Do you think the experience was more intense because you had MDMA as well?
  • Options
    Sounds good. How many pills did you drop with it? Do you think the experience was more intense because you had MDMA as well?

I just had a couple of pills. They were shreks which were very strong, so I didn't need too many. I will say the ketamine kind of overrides the pill, but you do notice the come up and euphoria. The experience was certainly intense, but ketamine in isolation is still a fantastic substance. MDMA is in no way a neccessity for a powerful intense experience on ketamine.

It's hard to explain the effects in words because it's so dissociative. Just thinking about it now, makes me want to sample some more. You don't need too much either. A gram (£20) lasted me the whole weekend, and I always give out the odd line here and there as well. I was just taking small lines every hour or so. It's a beautiful white crystalline substance (forms long prism like crystals). Looked very pure, unlike cocaine and things which can be cut with allsorts and look the same. Slips down the nose easier than cocaine as well, no pain at all. One thing I will say, is that it feels very medical at times.
  • Options
    Ketamine is a drug which needs to be given respect, it is both physically and mentally addictive unlike pretty much any other drug clubbers might come into contact with.
  • Options
    bongbudda wrote:
    Ketamine is a drug which needs to be given respect, it is both physically and mentally addictive unlike pretty much any other drug clubbers might come into contact with.

I'm aware of that. I have friends in Manchester who take it more or less everyday. Crazy. I don't know how their heads could possibly manage to handle daily doses of that stuff. I plan to keep it as a once in a while treat. Like hallucinogenics.
  • Options
    Addict wrote:
    I'm aware of that. I have friends in Manchester who take it more or less everyday. Crazy.

They certainly will become that, daily use of ketamine will really mess with your perception of yourself and the world around you.
  • Options
    I K-holed last night while watching fear and loathing. It was definitely the most crazy experience of my life. Apparently I was out for about 30 minutes. Enjoyable though. Felt amazing after it. Totally rejuvenated and refreshed, like my brain had been washed.
  • Options
    Going to be trying ketamine for the first time this weekend,any advice?

How many lines does it take for effects to kick in?

Thanks Guys
  • Options
    Hixxy wrote:
    Going to be trying ketamine for the first time this weekend,any advice?

How many lines does it take for effects to kick in?

Thanks Guys

Make sure you are somewhere safe and with people you trust, Ketamine can completely knock you out.

As for how much to use, that is difficult to tell because powders arent always pure. If you assume it is pure then you only need a very small amount to notice the effect, as much as you can rest on a Yale key is enough to feel (not the round bit, the bit you put in the lock).
  • Options
    bongbudda wrote:
    Make sure you are somewhere safe and with people you trust, Ketamine can completely knock you out.

As for how much to use, that is difficult to tell because powders arent always pure. If you assume it is pure then you only need a very small amount to notice the effect, as much as you can rest on a Yale key is enough to feel (not the round bit, the bit you put in the lock).

That's about how much I used on my first time. Only time. Same thing. :D And I definitely felt it.
  • Options
    bongbudda wrote:
    (not the round bit, the bit you put in the lock).

lol @ the thought of some eejit puttin the wrong end of the key in