Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

London Meet

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Does anyone know of any other hostels?
    actually that place i just realised asks you to book two nights if your stay involves a saturday all the time
    *Stacey* wrote:
    Does anyone know of any other hostels?

there is a place by me tht i think is like £40 a night it is like a cottage or ask lthe dr (his net is not working ) or me lol
    I don't think many people can afford £40 per night mate. We are looking for a hostel not a hotel!
    Violette wrote:
    had a look on http://www.hostellondon.com

london house hotel is 13.99 a night, not baad.
    Ooooo cool.

We are all stayin in the same hostel right?
    my bad here there are none in my town i dont think but try a church there always good in movies for sleeping in.
    I think you just give them your card details and then they're able to charge you if you don't turn up...if you do turn up then you pay however. At least that's how every hostel I've stayed in has been, but I could be talking out my arse. :p
    I can't afford to put a deposit down for everyone :(

I'm not sure how many people are staying. We need to draw up a list of the people who are staying then book the hostel. Afterall, with the marathon and everything, we need to book in advance! There are some 12 dorms for some places!
    and the race is on !
    would love to come. I have been meaning to go to London and also go to a meet. I will just have to make sure I tell my boss I definitely have to have a holiday then. Hmm but I will just have to ask soon then.
    Do we not need a hostel near a station that everyone is getting off at? I'm getting off and on at London Euston
    Right guys, what hostel do we wanna stay at and who is definately staying?
    I'm going to ask for time off tomorrow and if I get it I will be staying if that is ok.
    Right guys...listen up

What about this hostel?

The 12 mixed dorm prices are not available but as there are only 8 of us staying how about sharing a 8 mixed dorm? It will cost £12 each so I'm willing to pay for the deposit for us (and then not pay my way in there!!!)

If I pay for the deposit, then I don't have to pay on arrival (except for £1.20 as my bed will be paid for) but it will reserve our room.

How does this sound to everyone?
    *Stacey* wrote:
    What about this hostel?

The 12 mixed dorm prices are not available but as there are only 8 of us staying how about sharing a 8 mixed dorm? It will cost £12 each so I'm willing to pay for the deposit for us (and then not pay my way in there!!!)

If I pay for the deposit, then I don't have to pay on arrival (except for £1.20 as my bed will be paid for) but it will reserve our room.

How does this sound to everyone?

That sounds good. Who's in on the sleep over then? :)
    if god forbid i did manage to make it down, i'll share one of your beds :heart:
    MrG wrote:
    if god forbid i did manage to make it down, i'll share one of your beds :heart:

6 quid each then :p
    Mr_G, if you think you are coming and staying over let us know. Me and Violette are going to book the hostel in the next couple of days.
    *Stacey* wrote:
    Mr_G, if you think you are coming and staying over let us know. Me and Violette are going to book the hostel in the next couple of days.

i cant realy commit myself now, cause i need to know if work things are going to pan out or not

if i do come i'll crash in the generator as i normally do
    The generator place requires you to stay for at least two nights for that weekend though, do you really wanna stay two nights?
    well i hardly ever work sunday nights now at work anyway, so having the sunday night off wont be the bother
    *Stacey* I have pm'd you my msn addy just incase you need it when we come to booking :)
  • JsTJsT Posts: 18,268 Skive's The Limit
    I'm definately in. Got the day orf work.
    MrG wrote:
    i cant realy commit myself now, cause i need to know if work things are going to pan out or not

if i do come i'll crash in the generator as i normally do
    I loooove the Generator! Cheap drinks and they never check if you're actually staying there. I vote we move the meet :p
    *Stacey* wrote:
    Do we not need a hostel near a station that everyone is getting off at? I'm getting off and on at London Euston
    There's a YHA at St. Pancras, on Euston Rd., opposite the British Library. I've heard it's ok.
    Its £25 each to stay the night there on Sat 22nd. The hostels are raising their prices because of the marathon! We need to get a move on guys.
    aimz wrote:
    Hello All (for those of you who remember me - SG top of the list *wink wink*)
    :love: Hello stranger! Been a while since I saw you around! How are ya, Aimz?

However, I'm really sorry to have to say this, but again, I'll have to say I can't be at this meet. As things stand, I can't even afford to go to my university open days, so there's no chance whatsoever I'll be able to afford a trip to London. Take me off the maybe list, I'm really sorry. :(
    Thats fine,when I get to work I am going to demand they let me have that weekend off lol :p

That should go down well.

Only problem is I don't get home till about 7pm.
    7pm on what night? On the Saturday?!
    No I meant tonight :lol:

But you know what, just go ahead and book it. I will just tell them that I already have plans on that day that can't be re arranged.

They are not usually too bad anyway and I deserve a break :yes: