Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Advice on my new website....

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
What can I do to improve it?
http://sels-newsletter.8m.com

Thanks
Sel
xx

Comments

• Options
    Well for a start I would think about using a different hosting company, It took a long time to load and I have an ADSL line, suggesting the cause is the server it's running on. Also the popup adds have to go.
  • Options
    Ok, now it's finished loading albeit with some of the images not working I can actually look at it.

The actual design is quite simple, something that I generally like, it beats a lot of attempts where people try and make it look fancy by aadding stuff, but just turn it into a mess.

The pages work quite well at the common resolutions (800x600 and 1024x768) but, the art page needs to be laid out again, as it is too big for even 1024x768 let alone 600x800.

The HTML code may be a little on the heavy side, but not too bad.

And finally when asking people to add your website to favourites you might want to change the link to your site to a link that adds the page to their favourites.

All in quite a nice simple site, the only thing that really lets it down is the hosting and pop up adds.