Home Drink & Drugs
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Updates on the Legal status of Magic Mushrooms.

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Anyone heard anything about this...

Apparently a type of truffle is now legal in Germany. There is also a court battle within the EU about legalising psilocybin containing mushrooms in general, and apparently its looking good...

I have no official information, but this was posted by someone on another forum I post on....
had another chin-wag with the people at my local head shop today and pacstar1 is right about the ruling in Germany regarding the philosophers stones, apparently the move towards psilocybin bearing fungi being made legal across europe is moving at quite a pace. It is believed that the case is currently in the EU courts and the people on the side of legalisation are very confident that they will be legalised. Once this happens in the EU it will be difficult for our government to stop them coming onto these shores. I'm not sure how much space their is for manouevre if the EU courts decide to legalise them and the british establishment disagrees and attempts to block the move, i'm pressuming it would be a pretty difficult thing to do bearing in mind the collective strength, politically and economically of the EU and Britain being a member state. Of course this will have to be at least discussed in parliament and the tabloid media will jump on it as one of those crap stroies about how the "EU dictates our lives" but from what i remember the tabloids had little if any amo to use against shrooms, surprise, surprise!

Comments

• Options
    I very very much doubt there will be any changes, mushrooms were already illegal really anyway, it was just a loop hole.
  • Options
    But wasnt the way they were made illigal an infringment on European trading laws in the first place?
  • Options
    JamesZero wrote:
    But wasnt the way they were made illigal an infringment on European trading laws in the first place?

yup
  • Options
    JamesZero wrote:
    How come?
  • Options
    To be honest i'm not actually too sure...
    I think it's something to do with them rushing the law through and just making them illigal without actually going through the proper procedures.

I could be wrong though, so someone correct me if need be! :D
  • Options
    JamesZero wrote:
    But wasnt the way they were made illegal an infringment on European trading laws in the first place?

Possibly, but do you really think that Blair is going to let the EU tell him what to do about "dangerous drugs" at this time?
  • Options
    Nope...
    But weather we follow suite or not, I still see it as a positive step!