Home Drink & Drugs
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Steroids

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    HIT wrote:
    Thats why you should buy of a reputable source. Look in some gyms, get to know them & judge for yourself.

A reputable source for black market medicine? If I'm injecting something in my arse I'd want a better sense of security than that.
  • Options
    Aren't steroids usually in pill form? Not that that makes any difference mind.
  • Options
    bongbudda wrote:
    A reputable source for black market medicine? If I'm injecting something in my arse I'd want a better sense of security than that.
    Well you have to get to know the person your buying from. If your mate or someone recommends him as other people do then that's a good source.

But it does help when people do there own research rather than take someone else's advice.

Steroids are either in pills, injection & sometimes sub-lingual.
  • Options
    HIT wrote:
    Well you have to get to know the person your buying from. If your mate or someone recommends him as other people do then that's a good source.

But it does help when people do there own research rather than take someone else's advice.

So your mate will be checking to see if they were made in a safe way then?

He'll be checking they have been stored properly over their lifetime?

He'll be certain that the factory was sterile?

Your own research? Balls, you know nothing really about where these come from or how they are made.
  • Options
    bongbudda wrote:
    So your mate will be checking to see if they were made in a safe way then?

He'll be checking they have been stored properly over their lifetime?

He'll be certain that the factory was sterile?

Your own research? Balls, you know nothing really about where these come from or how they are made.
    When you research you can tell. There are different companies out on the market & certain companies are higher quality.

To be honest you can say that about most things. I wasnt there when they made my vitmamin c, so how do I know its legit? The same with steroids, it starts off with word of mouth then it goes from there.
  • Options
    HIT wrote:
    When you research you can tell. There are different companies out on the market & certain companies are higher quality.

To be honest you can say that about most things. I wasnt there when they made my vitmamin c, so how do I know its legit? The same with steroids, it starts off with word of mouth then it goes from there.

Granted, that is indeed true, up to a point. But your vitamin C was made in a factory which is inspected, random samples of their produce will be inspected and if anything is found then it will be withdrawn from sale.

Your steriods are not checked at any point, there are no inspections, no safety checks of any kind.

And you are also right that the risk is probably slight, however the risk is there that you'll get a batch that's contaminated, or has various germs or foreign bodies in it...etc. Same as when you buy any black market good.

Take the risk if you want but its stupid to deny it.
  • Options
    Steroids are manufactured to a better degree than any nutritional supplement. Considering they are used for medicines that have to be inspected to the highest quality in a lab not a factory.

You can easily spot fake gear if you know how to. There is no chance of steroids to be contaminated as they are safety sealed & protected just like the medication you would get from your DR.

There is ways of tampering with the gear without people noticing, but you can easily spot it if you know how to.

Besides why would a reputable source attempt to mess around with people? They are a reputable source that has the customers. Always know who & what your buying of people.
  • Options
    HIT wrote:
    There is no chance of steroids to be contaminated as they are safety sealed & protected just like the medication you would get from your DR.
    What about during the production processes themselves?
  • Options
    What about during the production processes themselves?
    You can really say that about everything in life.

Was my can of coke contaminated? Was my antibiotics contaminated.

Obviously there is a risk somewhere or other, but it happens only in the rarest of cases.
  • Options
    HIT wrote:
    You can really say that about everything in life.

Was my can of coke contaminated? Was my antibiotics contaminated.

Obviously there is a risk somewhere or other, but it happens only in the rarest of cases.
    Yes, but there is a much higher degree of safety in the processes used legally, because as bong said, these are tested regularly.
  • Options
    Yes, but there is a much higher degree of safety in the processes used legally, because as bong said, these are tested regularly.
    Steroids are made purposely for medicine, not for bb. So yes they are tested regularly just like any other medication would be.

They come straight from the lab just like all other medication would be.
  • Options
    HIT wrote:
    Steroids are manufactured to a better degree than any nutritional supplement. Considering they are used for medicines that have to be inspected to the highest quality in a lab not a factory.

You can easily spot fake gear if you know how to. There is no chance of steroids to be contaminated as they are safety sealed & protected just like the medication you would get from your DR.

There is ways of tampering with the gear without people noticing, but you can easily spot it if you know how to.

Besides why would a reputable source attempt to mess around with people? They are a reputable source that has the customers. Always know who & what your buying of people.

So you know the factory is safe do you?

Whatever you fancy believing is up to you, I'm just pointing out how little you really know about what you are taking.
  • Options
    HIT wrote:
    Steroids are made purposely for medicine, not for bb. So yes they are tested regularly just like any other medication would be.

They come straight from the lab just like all other medication would be.

And this lab is regulated by? I presume its in India or Eastern Europe.
  • Options
    As with any medicine company we know that they are obviously checked & kept up to standards.

What is it you dont understand? Steroids are medicines that Dr's prescribes.

When you go to the DR & gives you antibiotics do you question him about how they are made & if checks have been taken to ensure quality sterility & safety?

And what lab is regulated? Steroids are made all over the world. They are regulated by the Food & drugs administration (FDA) that means that the government has its own check list on what it checks for as with every other medication. I say it once again steroids are not made for bb purpose. Apart from the new designer steroids like superdrol which are classed as nutritional supplements, aas are for medical purpose only.
  • Options
    A little off topic...

Im on steroids at the moment.. I assume they are weak ones though or not the same you are talking about...

Its called Prednisolone. It was prescribed to treat a chest infection...

Thinking about it, in what way would they help? and surely they arnt the same things body builders would take?
  • Options
    Can I just clear a few things up without sounding like a know it all.

Firstly, you do NOT have to include testosterone in any cycle to make it safe OR effective! Testosterone is highly androgenic and people often avoid it, especially if they are acne prone.

Bongbudda is also right, a LOT of steroids are produced in under ground labs. Yes, there are a lot of reputable UG Labs that you will be OK to buy from, provided the gear isn't a fake of course, yes UG Labs are faked too!

But you can buy what is called pharma grade gear which is manufactured under pharmacutical conditions in different countries, iranian test is very popular at the mo and very good value for money.

You need to make sure you've got a good, trustworthy source, because gear is WIDELY faked and you don't want to be fucking about with non-sterile shit.

Take precautions, get your training and diet nailed before even considering it! For the record I am natural and do a 110k squat, 110k bench and 160k deadlift, and I'm still no where near ready!
  • Options
    Can I just clear a few things up without sounding like a know it all.

Firstly, you do NOT have to include testosterone in any cycle to make it safe OR effective! Testosterone is highly androgenic and people often avoid it, especially if they are acne prone.
    People that dont include testosterone in a cycle dont do there research either. Alot of steroids will shut your libido down hard, that's another reason you take test. unless you want to walk around with a deca dick.

Another reason is without using test. you are very likely not to keep any gains.

Testosterone is the purest & closest thing to natural in the body. It is not a derivative of test. like other steroids. Being highly androgenic doesn't mean it should be avoided, if people research then they know how to avoid side effects like balding, enlarged prostrates. If acne is what puts them off (which most steroids will give you acne) then they obviously shouldn't use steroids. Ever wonder why no top bb appears to have acne?

For the record, for the time being at the moment I am natural.
  • Options
    JamesZero wrote:
    A little off topic...

Im on steroids at the moment.. I assume they are weak ones though or not the same you are talking about...

Thinking about it, in what way would they help? and surely they arnt the same things body builders would take?

That must have been some bad chest infection.

There are hundreds of steroids, the ones bodybuilders use are the ones that promote a drastic increase in protein synthesis.

I haven't heard of Prednisolone on the athlete scene, then again not all steroids are used by there medical name.

If in fact it was an anabolic bb use, then its highly unlikely it would take an effect at the dosages the DR prescribes.
  • Options
    Bongbudda is also right, a LOT of steroids are produced in under ground labs. Yes, there are a lot of reputable UG Labs that you will be OK to buy from, provided the gear isn't a fake of course, yes UG Labs are faked too!

But you can buy what is called pharma grade gear which is manufactured under pharmacutical conditions in different countries, iranian test is very popular at the mo and very good value for money.

You need to make sure you've got a good, trustworthy source, because gear is WIDELY faked and you don't want to be fucking about with non-sterile shit.

Exactly, holograms, serial numbers... all of that is easy to fake.
  • Options
    bongbudda wrote:
    Exactly, holograms, serial numbers... all of that is easy to fake.
    In whiched I explaned earlier, you can spot a fake.
  • Options
    Fine, you seem confident enough then go ahead, but I think you are deluding yourself to the risk.

I could repeat myself over and over, but there seems little point. I advise you to objectively think about how much you really know about the medicine.
  • Options
    bongbudda wrote:
    Fine, you seem confident enough then go ahead, but I think you are deluding yourself to the risk.

I could repeat myself over and over, but there seems little point. I advise you to objectively think about how much you really know about the medicine.
    What risk would that be? As said before, the steroids are from the same place you would get your antibiotics from, they have gone under the same checks as other medicines that are used in hospitals etc.

Really if they are from a legit source & the products are legit (which you can tell otherwise) then there is no problem.
  • Options
    HIT wrote:
    What risk would that be? As said before, the steroids are from the same place you would get your antibiotics from, they have gone under the same checks as other medicines that are used in hospitals etc.

Really if they are from a legit source & the products are legit (which you can tell otherwise) then there is no problem.

So you are getting stolen NHS supplies then?
  • Options
    bongbudda wrote:
    So you are getting stolen NHS supplies then?
    There not stolen directly from the NHS, but they come from the same lab.
  • Options
    JamesZero wrote:
    A little off topic...

Different type of steroid. Prednisolone is a cortico-steroid, used to treat inflammatory conditions. Body building steroids are anabolic steroids which are different.
  • Options
    Drugscope page on steroids
    http://www.drugscope.org.uk/druginfo/drugsearch/ds_results.asp?file=\wip\11\1\1\anabolic_steroids.html
    Users often take steroids in multiple combinations and at much higher doses than would be prescribed medically. Some of the main risks include:

* Liver abnormalities and a rare form of hepatitis.
    * Hypertension - steroids encourage the body to retain water and raise blood pressure.
    * HIV and other infections if users inject and share injecting equipment.
    * Stunted growth in young people.
    * Changes in male reproductive system. Sperm output and quality is reduced and can take 6 months to return to normal. Sex drive may at first increase but then be lowered. Some men have also experienced over-development of their breast tissue.
    * Changes in the female body. Women report increased sex drive, menstrual problems and enlarged clitoris. They also run the risk of developing 'male' features such as growth of facial and body hair, deepening of the voice and decreased breast size. Once these happen they are usually irreversible even when steroid use stops.
    * Problems such as sleep disorders, confusion, depression and paranoia. These tend to lessen once steroid use is stopped.

It's also worth noting they are Class C under the misuse of drugs act
  • Options
    I love the way they add HIV on the list just to make up number of side effects.
  • Options
    HIT wrote:
    I love the way they add HIV on the list just to make up number of side effects.

I guess you didn't read it properly.

FWIW, I work for a substance misuse service in London. We see a few steroid users. Its not as harmless as you're making out.
  • Options
    Blagsta wrote:
    I guess you didn't read it properly.

FWIW, I work for a substance misuse service in central London. We see a few steroid users. Its not as harmless as you're making out.
    So where did I not read properly?

EDIT: Who is making out there harmless?
  • Options
    Blagsta wrote:
    Different type of steroid. Prednisolone is a cortico-steroid, used to treat inflammatory conditions. Body building steroids are anabolic steroids which are different.

Cool, thats what I wanted to know!

Cheers fella!