Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Sending a text to the wrong person.cringe

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I went out drinking with a friend last night who has had a fling with a male friend of mine. when we were drunk she ended up taking my phone off me and ringing male friend up, where it was general embarrassing drunk talk. she then started taking pics on her phone of guys in the bar we were in and sending them to male friend.

this morning i texted male friends saying sorry for what happened last night, i think girl friend still has feelings for you, after she spoke to you she was chatting everyone up which is where the pics come from.

except of course i sent it to my female friend by accident :banghead: .i feel so awful, just sick to my stomach.i found out by looking in my outbox and when i read the message now i feel awful about what i sent.shes working tonight so ive sent her a text saying im really sorry. shes got some important family stuff happening over the next day or two so im thinking of leaving things til then and ringing her on tuesday,when things are less raw.

any other advice?

Comments

• Options
    umm am i missing the point? what do you have to feel bad about?
  • Options
    Just ring her now?
  • Options
    becuase i intended to text the guy saying that my friend still feelings for him which, while i think is the case, its not very nice for me to tell him and even worse for her to know that i intended on saying that to him.

also saying she tried to chat 'everyone' up, reading it back just sounds so harsh when we've all got a bit flirty when we're drunk but dont necessarily want other people who weren't there to know about it.

i supposed i was embarrassed by her but doesnt justify what i said.and i can only imagine how upsetting it must have been for her to read.
  • Options
    i would ring but she's at work for the night
  • Options
    Well, that'll teach you for bitching about a friend behind her back won't it. You've learned a valuable lesson, and I'm sure she has too.
  • Options
    I don't think the text sounds that bad. If a friend of mine had sent that about me, as long as it were as close to the truth as they could know, I wouldn't be too upset. A siple apology if you feel you overstepped a mark somewhere should do the trick. Thing is, if she was texting off your phone, to your friend etc. ou are perfectly within your rights to apologise for her behaviour if it was a bit off...
  • Options
    Fiend_85 wrote:
    Well, that'll teach you for bitching about a friend behind her back won't it. You've learned a valuable lesson, and I'm sure she has too.
    you're absoloutely right and i certainly have. i'm going to try call her late tonight and if i cant get through, text her to say that i'll ring again the next day and apologise again.i just hope she'll be able to forgive me.
  • Options
    I did something similar. My friend injured his penis so I decided to text all our mutual friends so they could laugh at him. But sent it to him as well by mistake. Luckily he saw the funny side.
  • Options
    The longer you leave it, the more awkward it'll be. Is she the sort to laugh it off or make a big deal out of it?
  • Options
    ohhhh i see, you sent it to her! sorry didn't read it properly.

serves her right for being a knob and sending him photos of guys, weirdo.
  • Options
    Kentish wrote:
    The longer you leave it, the more awkward it'll be. Is she the sort to laugh it off or make a big deal out of it?

yeah i know, much as im not looking forward to talking to her i know i have to bite the bullet.
    i really dont know hows shes going to react, i think if the situations were reversed id probably feel embarrassed about how id behaved on the night but really wished my friend hadnt spoken to someone else about it.
    i think i was subconsciously a bit annoyed with her from the night before- as well as the phone call she also blabbed something to my boyfriend that i'd confided in her earlier in the evening which caused an argument.i just wish id reacted with a bit more dignity and not sent that stupid text!
  • Options
    Hehe that's funny, once I was in a room my girlfriend at the time, she had been cheating on me with her ex behind my back so I started cheating on her, once I was sending saucy texts to another girl and I sent it to my girlfriend.. when I was in the same room as her!!! lmao

Luckily as I didn't use any names I managed to blag that it was like a weird joke and used it to initiate foreplay, result :thumb:
  • Options
    Could be worse, could be sending dirty texts to your dad/mum/gran.... my friend did that once to her gran. Oh the shame
  • Options
    Leave her a voice mail, then? And still call her again when you were planning to?