Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

What to do..?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
right I need some help here.

My boyfriend of 7 months recently split up with me (last week) over the phone, saying he want time to himself and to be single again. The thing was I actually had to ask him outright on the phone if he still want to see me and this was when I got his answer. I also got the usual 'tis not you, you are great girl' i stupidly asked if he want to keep in touch to which he replied ' that would really great I would love too!'

Even although I was heartbroken i knew he had meeting in his work on the monday so on sunday I text him just wish him everything went well with the meeting. (no reply) when I got home on sunday night ( i had went away for the weekend) i realise his jacket was in my room. So I emailed him telling him this and everything, offering to met him or whatever so he could get back (still nothing) so come tuesday i just text him saying the same kinda of thing 'did he want his jacket back blah blah' nothing like 'oh I want you back etc' (still sweet fa) i got pretty peeved off now 2 which I end up phoning him (I stupidly withheld my number) he answered the fone though but i had woken him so i said sorry but it was just cause he hadn't replied about his jacket and he was like 'yeah am sorry I have had no credit on my phone!' i was like well okay let me know and said sorry again and said nite!' now am trying my hardest here but I still haven't heard a thing for him and I don't know what the heck to do.. I ain't excepting him to get back with me as I have a feeling he doesn't want to know me anymore (e.g 7 months meant sweet fa to him)

what does people on here think I should do? please don't say bin, sell it cause I am not that kind of person...

Comments

• Options
    Just keep hold of the jacket until he can collect it I suppose :)
  • Options
    Just keep hold of the jacket until he can collect it I suppose :)

yeh just keep hold of it until he gives you an answer, ive got millions of jumpers from exes that they havent collected or i really liked so forgot to tell them i had it!! :blush:

it might just be that hes finding it hard to speak to you straight away, not that the relationship didnt mean anything.
  • Options
    Sounds to me (and to him, probably) as though you're using this jacket as a way to initiate contact which he doesn't really want to have at the moment.

At least that's the way I see it.

I think you need to try and forget about him for a while, so you can move on... or at least make the attempt. He's not showing any consideration for your feelings (putting you in a position where you have to extract the break-up talk from him over the phone is really fucking pushing it), though you're probably not in a position to see it this way since it's such a fresh split. As for his jacket, he can damn well chase YOU up if he wants it back. I'd use it to line the dog's bed, but you're might be able to be more generous of nature than I am. ;)
  • Options
    sell the jacket. :p

and in the mean time don't get in touch with him.

and what an idiot for breaking up with you over the phone.
  • Options
    **helen****helen** Deactivated Posts: 9,235 Supreme Poster
    briggi wrote:
    Sounds to me (and to him, probably) as though you're using this jacket as a way to initiate contact which he doesn't really want to have at the moment.

At least that's the way I see it.

I have to agree here I'm afraid.

This has clearly been a tough break-up and it must hurt really bad for you to have had to almost 'force him' to admit he didn't want to be in a relationship anymore. I really feel for you right now.

The thing is - the jacket isn't the issue - if you really want it out of the way then perhaps post it to him, but I'm guessing it's unlikely to make you feel any better and it would be a better idea to make your focus right now, as Briggi said, how you can move on. Easier said than done I know. One really positive thing for you to think about right now is to enjoy your friends and embrace the single life for a while.

I hope you start to feel better soon.
  • Options
    tbh he might not even want his jacket back. I'll admit in the past ive had stuff round a girls house while we were together and after we'd broken up i just didnt really want to see her so i just left it there (was a couple of dvd's and a cd).
    I want to also note that you put:
    I ain't excepting him to get back with me as I have a feeling he doesn't want to know me anymore (e.g 7 months meant sweet fa to him)
    I think you're just using that as an excuse and from the way the rest of your post reads it sounds like you're not over him yet and are still greiving for the relationship. of course you meant something to him! 7 months is a long time to be together but people grow apart and things change as time goes by.