Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Passed my fitness test - yipee!

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
:yippe: Every year I have to pass a fitness test for the Army, and for this year I had mine this morning.

:yippe: I passed!!! :yippe: Wahoo! Thought I wouldn't pass the run as I haven't done much fitness recently and been really lazy.

Also did reasonably well on the press ups and sit ups. :yippe:

:yippe: Three of us were girls, one of the others I lapped :yippe: , and the other one I was about to lap when she dropped out :yippe: . I was the only girl to pass so feeling quite chuffed with myself! :yippe:

Comments

• Options
    well done hunnie!
  • Options
    well done hunnie!

Thank you!
  • Options
    Congrats hun! Well chuffed for ya!
  • Options
    Well done :thumb:
  • Options
    well done on the fitness!

How far is the run and do you have a time limit?
  • Options
    Congrats :thumb:
  • Options
    Thanks everyone!

We had to do two laps of an athletics track for a warm up, do some stretches then do (for girls in the army - differs for guys and different forces) 21 press ups or more in 2 minutes (hands beneath shoulders - no wider, feet no more than 30cm apart, go down until arms are at 90 degrees) I did 32 I think (can't quite remember but it was just over 30).

Then had to do 50 sit ups or more in 2 mins (shoulders have to touch the ground, feet together, fingertips on collar bone, elbows not allowed to lose contact with the body). I did 64 ish

Then had to do 800 metres in under 5 mins for a warm up, then a mile an a half (2400metres) in 13 mins or under. I did it but only just in 12mins 41secs!

But I was the only girl to pass all three. One girl failed all three and the other only just passed press ups, did well on sit ups but then dropped out of the run just as I was about to lap her!
  • Options
    Here I am drinking coca-cola whilst eating popcorn.

Bah.
  • Options
    quarfly wrote:
    Here I am drinking coca-cola whilst eating popcorn.

Bah.

Don't worry I went straight to the chippy and had donnor meat and chips afterwards! Also, went to Pizza Hut for the buffet the other day - was sooo GOOOOOD!
  • Options
    Don't worry I went straight to the chippy and had donnor meat and chips afterwards! Also, went to Pizza Hut for the buffet the other day - was sooo GOOOOOD!

I'm not worried about my fitness. Actually, I'm quite proud of myself. During one week, I ran a total of 50 km and improved my results on the bleep test.

Bleep test is sort of a test on one's endurance... Every time the stereo beeps, you must have reached either side. Clarification: you are running backwards and forwards. The time intervals between the beeps gradually become less.

I could have done a lot better though. It's all about willpower in the end.
  • Options
    50km in a week is really good! I used to love the bleep test when we used to do it at school!
  • Options
    That is why i don't ever ever ever wanna join the army :eek2:

Torture.
  • Options
    BunnieBunnie Posts: 6,099 Master Poster
    well done babes, but i am definately with LacyMay on this one!
  • Options
    50km in a week is really good! I used to love the bleep test when we used to do it at school!

Oh my goodness; the bleep test! I remember that.. to me, that was absolute torture! I dance for around 3 hours a day, but can't run anywhere to save my life - I always came last in cross country too.. if I actually managed to finish the course!

Anyway, congrats! :thumb:
  • Options
    You fit sexy bitch! Well done and my heart and lungs envy you ;)
    Congrats! :D
  • Options
    I feel tired just reading what you had to do. Well done!
  • Options
    :yippe: :yippe: :yippe: :yippe: :yippe: :yippe: :yippe: :yippe:

:eek2:
  • Options
    i got like 130 in the bleep test before :D

no chance anymore tho :(
  • Options
    ^^^ how does that work? I'm sure the bleep test is done in levels, isn't it?
  • Options
    What is this bleep test?
  • Options
    It's where you have to run back and forth over a certain distance and reach the markers at either end before the next beep sounds.
  • Options
    Yes, you run from one side to the other, repeatedly. You must reach the side between the beeps. As the level increases, the intervals between the beeps decreases.

Got 11.2.
  • Options
    congratulations
  • Options
    Thank you everyone! I am so pleased that I passed and so had to tell someone else as well as my mum.

I'm going to train hard this year and so next year I will hopefully do more press ups, more sit ups and a better time on the run.

I think passing it has given me the confidence to train, and now that I know how good it feels to pass, I will get an even better feeling when I pass with a bigger margin!

I have been so stiff today though! I had a bath this morning and almost couldn't sit up and get out! It took a while. Hehe! I have been hobbling round the house like an old woman!