Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

Pub Blag...would you?

2»

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I had three pints of cider 'collected' in a club once but they did point out that i was shitfaced and had just abandoned them. Fair enough tbh
    People get so stressed out at glass collectors. I have to do glasses at work now and then, and it isn't pleasant when you've got drunk people crying about half a drop of vodka. I don't give people fresh drinks when they come complaining theirs has been taken, if one gets taken accidentally the glass collector will tell the bar staff and leave it in case they come back. They're on fuck all wages, working in the dark a lot of the time where its hard to see if a glass is empty or has half a cm left in it and people give them a hard time for the sake of a few pence and a tiny bit of booze that will make no difference to how drunk you get.

To whoever it was talking about people hovering waiting for them to finish their drink, it is pretty misleading when people pick their glass with a tiny bit left in up and start to drink it just as you're taking glasses off the table. See things from the other POV.
    Doofay wrote:
    People get so stressed out at glass collectors. I have to do glasses at work now and then, and it isn't pleasant when you've got drunk people crying about half a drop of vodka. I don't give people fresh drinks when they come complaining theirs has been taken, if one gets taken accidentally the glass collector will tell the bar staff and leave it in case they come back. They're on fuck all wages, working in the dark a lot of the time where its hard to see if a glass is empty or has half a cm left in it and people give them a hard time for the sake of a few pence and a tiny bit of booze that will make no difference to how drunk you get.

To whoever it was talking about people hovering waiting for them to finish their drink, it is pretty misleading when people pick their glass with a tiny bit left in up and start to drink it just as you're taking glasses off the table. See things from the other POV.

people who complain about not having the vodka in their drink are just dickheads

people who abuse glass collectors are also dickheads
    MrG wrote:
    people who complain about not having the vodka in their drink are just dickheads

people who abuse glass collectors are also dickheads

:yes:
    for a start if you are not paying enough attention to your drink, as to allow a glass collector to get it all the way to the glashwash machine without you noticing, then it could easily have been spiked, but then if you are not stopping the glass collector, how do you know who took your drink?

if you are slightly less careless and catch the glass collector doing it, then why dont you stop them
    People are just dickheads in general.

Haha, nah I never give bar workers any grief. No point and I'm always in a happy buzz when out on the rip. :D
    i personally get 5 people a night trying it on, and a lot of the time i know they are taking the piss, cause all the glasscollectors have either been stood chattin in the glasswash room for 20 mins, or they are on their breaks

if somone is nice about it, and im in a good mood, and have a couple of drinks that were made wrongly (ie coke insted of lemonade etc) then i'll offer what ever i have to them

or sometimes a couple of halfs of draught, knowing fine well i'll make it up with the head on the next few pints
    MrG wrote:
    for a start if you are not paying enough attention to your drink, as to allow a glass collector to get it all the way to the glashwash machine without you noticing, then it could easily have been spiked, but then if you are not stopping the glass collector, how do you know who took your drink?

if you are slightly less careless and catch the glass collector doing it, then why dont you stop them

Thats exactly what I was thinking. I would never leave my drink just standing there.

I had a friend who used to go around and drink out of all the pints left hanging around. :yuck: not to mention totally stupid.
    I consider myself to be a glass collector of some sort. Love getting free drink towards the end of the night!
    turlough wrote:
    I consider myself to be a glass collector of some sort. Love getting free drink towards the end of the night!

:sour:

There could be anything in it!

There could be anything in it!

Even better. Extra buzz. :thumb:
    turlough wrote:
    Even better. Extra buzz. :thumb:

I had a feeling you were going to say that while I was typing it. Whatever floats your boat I guess.
    :D
    MrG wrote:
    knowing fine well i'll make it up with the head on the next few pints

I hate twats who rob me of my beer;)
    we sell on draught, fosters, kronenbourg, john smiths, woodpecker and strongbow

none of which id call real beer anyway :lol:

though i am partial to the odd pint of kronenbourg
    best blag i've ever witnessed was with my brother, in an undisclosed location, (south west)
    right you usually spend £30-40 on a night out, well to make it special you get 15 people with £50, wear the best suits you can find look as posh as you can (PS my bro is a student and so are all of his mates) one man takes the £50 form each person goes to the front of the cue for the club (even better on an opening night) stroll up to the front of cue talk to the bouncer, open wallet flick the huge wadge of cash, of course you go straight thro' to the VIP section free drink all night, they got 12 bottles of champagne FREE!
    :)