Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

would you date a bisexual?

2»

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Bisexual girlfriend must be sweet :thumb:
    Doofay wrote:
    Why is it? You might not like the idea of seeing a coloured bloke, does that make you a racist? Generalisations aren't always for a negative reason you know.

Agree with your point but I think a lot of non-white people consider the term coloured derogatory ;)
    I wouldn't I don't think but then the opportunity has never arisen I don't think.
    It's just something that wouldn't feel right to me.
    I do have lots of gay and bi friends though.

(oh and an ex of mine is now gay....lol I didn't know that when I was with him!)
    Doofay wrote:
    You do? How fantastic. Seems like you're making an assumption, which is along the same lines.

Whatever.

At least my assumption appears to be correct.
    I dunno. Generally I wouldn't mind but it depends on the situation. example. one of my guy friends likes me and i do like him to an extent but he's slept with my gay best friend. but then i spose i wouldnt be comfortable if it was a girl best friend he'd slept with. hmm i'm not sure.
    Pink Soda wrote:
    To be honest if a guy was bisexual, it'd totally put me off, just a personal preference.
    My thoughts exactly.

Ilora x
    I used to semi-date a bisexual girl. It didn't bother me one bit.
    Kermit wrote:
    Whatever.

At least my assumption appears to be correct.

Considering the fact that a few others have replied with answers not vastly different from my own, your assumption actually seems to be based on yourself putting two and two together and making 37. To produce such an assumption seems rather unusual, given that you know little about me. Would you care to highlight the basis of your assumption?
    The boy is bisexual. His male:female sex ratio is like 2:478227586275167 though, so I'm not too bothered about him going off with a guy. Depending on the guy, it could be quite hot...
    piccolo wrote:
    Yeh, Sherlock Holmes was real 'til Moon Rat caught his eye outside the Met Bar one meet...

*ahem* On topic! Yeah I would, totally. I guess I'd worry I somehow wasn't good enough but that's what I do anyway!
    There's a sign outside my cage that says "don't tease the bisexual".

We grow fur and fangs on a full moon don'tcha know. ;)

As for the whole bisexual issue, I think it's a lot to do with trust issues that a person might have, or of course the demonisation of bisexual people by the gay scene. It can be annoying because they heteros won't accept ya and either will the homos...

I don't even really see myself as 'bisexual' and I am very quiet abot it. To me what matters is that I am loyal and sincere towards whoever catches my eye, be it male or female (I would say my male:female ratio is around 30:70). I am not a cheater, I do not mess people around or play them...

It is just unfortunate that I may never have a girlfriend because of my sexuality not being all the way gay and because so many people judge... Shame, for all they know I could be a nice catch.
    There's a sign outside my cage that says "don't tease the bisexual".

We grow fur and fangs on a full moon don'tcha know. ;)

As for the whole bisexual issue, I think it's a lot to do with trust issues that a person might have, or of course the demonisation of bisexual people by the gay scene. It can be annoying because they heteros won't accept ya and either will the homos...

I don't even really see myself as 'bisexual' and I am very quiet abot it. To me what matters is that I am loyal and sincere towards whoever catches my eye, be it male or female (I would say my male:female ratio is around 30:70). I am not a cheater, I do not mess people around or play them...

It is just unfortunate that I may never have a girlfriend because of my sexuality not being all the way gay and because so many people judge... Shame, for all they know I could be a nice catch.

Totally agree with you MoonRat. I am not out there and brash about it, but if I see someone who I like, I will go for it in a more subtle way. My male:female ratio would be about 60:40.
    I dont think it would bother me that much, as its me they want to be with not someone else. Although it would be harder if they cheated on me with someone of thier own and not the opposite sex.
    I dont think it would bother me that much, as its me they want to be with not someone else. Although it would be harder if they cheated on me with someone of thier own and not the opposite sex.
    Why? Cheating is cheating...

It wouldn't bother me at all, might knock whatever ego I have left because I'd feel lie me missing a penis was what was wrong... But generally I'd feel hurt purely for the fact that I trusted them with intimacy.
    Why? Cheating is cheating...

I agree cheating is cheating, no matter which gender they cheat on you it will still hurt like hell... also i know some blokes that think that if their girl were cheating on them with an other girl it wouldn't be so bad... but it's not like they know by experience...
    I agree cheating is cheating, no matter which gender they cheat on you it will still hurt like hell... also i know some blokes that think that if their girl were cheating on them with an other girl it wouldn't be so bad... but it's not like they know by experience...
    No offense to your friends... But if I was with somebody who said that I'd feel like they don't respect me.
    No offense to your friends... But if I was with somebody who said that I'd feel like they don't respect me.

I agree with you there, and no offense taken at all... they might be my mates, but it doesn't mean I agree or respect everything they say... one of them can even get paranoid and get fucking upset if he think his girl is cheating on him, when he cheated on her often and sometimes even with prostitutes... and they are party mates, they are not friends... there is a difference between the two for me...
    I tend to find on the whole men dont mind me being bisexual, where as lesbians do! Just the other night in fact some woman said to me 'I see your bisexual...would you mind elaborating on that? Boyfriends? Girl Flings...Girlfriends?' I wasnt exactly pissed off, but in a way do find it a bit strange and OTT! Id say Im mostly towards women, but so many have problems with the fact that I like a couple of men. Is a bit of a pain in the arse. My ex was at least bi, if not more. Was with him for quite some time, but I have to say that in the end part of the reason why I ended it with him was the fact that I felt in a way he was always rubbing it in my face that particular gay friends of his had the hots for him, about ex boyfriends of his and he still seemed mad about the gay scene. However, Im not pissed off about the gay factor in particular. Just the rubbing things in my face, would have been the same feeling if it had been women as well. Oh yeah...the obsession with Elton John too, but I guess I cant talk there really as I have a few 'celebs' that I like too. But, he would never shut up about it! Would also try and make out that one of my best friends is a lesbian and that shes in love with me. Then say how some of his straight friends need to come out of the closet. LOL
    I'm bisexual but I do like guys more. But noone has ever had a problem with it.
    As they shouldn't.

I went out with a couple of bisexual girls, with one of them about for 4 months, with the other for a week.
    In both cases, the best thing is that we would both talk about how nice "that girl's" ass was!! :yes:
    Fairy wrote:
    I tend to find on the whole men dont mind me being bisexual, where as lesbians do! Just the other night in fact some woman said to me 'I see your bisexual...would you mind elaborating on that? Boyfriends? Girl Flings...Girlfriends?' I wasnt exactly pissed off, but in a way do find it a bit strange and OTT!
    I hate that... A soon as some of them hear you're not playing in a fashionable way for a team they want to hear exactly who you've been with so they can justify how you're obviously just confused and going through a phase, or messing women around. I would tell the lady to mind her own business and show me some respect, but that is just me. You don't just go asking that to people as if they've done something wrong... It is attacking and making women feel uncomfortable, especially as some are only coming out.

That is actually a problem I've had... I'm not "gay enough" for some women and they say how a 'bi girl' will reel then really have a boyfriend/go back to men after the relationship is over. I would never date a biphobic woman just because it is no difference to homophobia and racism and also they might have trust issues.

Sorry... Just a rant.
    I hate that... A soon as some of them hear you're not playing in a fashionable way for a team they want to hear exactly who you've been with so they can justify how you're obviously just confused and going through a phase, or messing women around. I would tell the lady to mind her own business and show me some respect, but that is just me. You don't just go asking that to people as if they've done something wrong... It is attacking and making women feel uncomfortable, especially as some are only coming out.

That is actually a problem I've had... I'm not "gay enough" for some women and they say how a 'bi girl' will reel then really have a boyfriend/go back to men after the relationship is over. I would never date a biphobic woman just because it is no difference to homophobia and racism and also they might have trust issues.

Sorry... Just a rant.

:) Totally see your point! I probably should have told her to mind her own business! Ah well next time. Think she went off me as soon as she realised Im bi.
    I wouldn't mind dating a bi guy.
    i don't see what the problem would be with it tbh
    I suppose you cant compete with the other sex. If ur with someone straigth then im guessing they see something in u that other ppl dont have. U'd hav way less control with a bi.
    Bt woteva got no problem wit it.
    I would never date a biphobic woman just because it is no difference to homophobia and racism and also they might have trust issues.
    Biphobia is shit, and I do think it can be a real issue. It's one I've come across running the LGBT. It seems that people are happy to do and say the "right" thing about having trans members but loads of the regulars have a problem with bisexuality (admittedly they're mostly the gay guys not the girls... but then most of the girls are bi - I'm one of a rare breed ;)).

If anyone has any suggestions for how to raise awareness of bi issues within the LGBT do please PM me!
    I do kinda see Doofay's point - I know a few people who are bisexual but only when it suits them. If you know what I mean. That's their choice though. I think maybe it's a bit of confusion because we're young, maybe they just aren't sure what they want...?

I was seeing a bloke who was bisexual, it made no difference to me.
    Hmm so now i have come out as being bi :D I can say when I first talked to my soontobe girlfriend I was really worried that as I wasnt out, and had never had a relationship with a girl, she would think that I just wanted to use her. She is lesbian, not bi herself. But luckily she liked me too much in the beginning to think about it :hyper: And now she realises that since I liked her enough to come out to be with her, I am definitely not using her so its all good!

I would say at the moment my m/f ratio is 30:70, but it varies between 50:50, 90:10, 10:90, just depends really.
    MattMatt wrote:
    Would you date someone if you knew they were bisexual?

Of course. The person is no more likely to go off with the same sex as they will with someone of the opposite sex ... it just depends on who they are in love with at the time.