Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

should i Want Expierence?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
My Girlfriend was the first girl I ever slept with (my first girlfriend even), we met when I was 21 (I am 23 now), she has slept with numerous guys, mostly one night stands (I am the first who was not, even her other long term relationship started as one), she doesn't know how many she tells me 'wouldn't be more than 10' but freely admits she doesn't know for sure. Just to clarify these were all before we got together; we have both been completely faithful.

Anyway, I have had trouble with her past, I finally admitted to her the other night that I was jealous, I always wanted to try one night stands, and sleep with more than 1 girl in my life, to this she suggested we take a break for a few months so I can try it and then we can get back together and move on with our lives.

I am really tempted by this as I do want to know what is like to be with another, but is that just a selfish thing? am I being an asshole wanting to experiment? Part of me is wondering if I am just grabbing on to the first girl who came along (I know that was part of what kept us together at a rocky part of our relationship, at around the 6 month mark, we have been together 2 years now). Part of me thinks she's great and doesn't want to let go, and another part of me thinks this break would be good to have the experience I wanted.

Should I take the break and try sex with another? and if I do am I acting like a pig? Can anyone give me any advice from their own experiences on this one, my thoughts are all over the place on this.

Comments

• Options
    You probably aren't going to be with her for the rest of yor life anyway, so why worry now? You've still got plenty of time to fuck around later
  • Options
    Yeah, I wouldn't waste this one away. Doesn't seem like a good idea. Why throw a perfectly good meal away?
  • Options
    To put this converstaion in context, we were talking about marriage at the time, so if i don't take this break we will be together forever.
  • Options
    It sounds like you want to have sex with other people, so that's what you should do. That means that you should either break off your plans, or come to some other arrangement.
  • Options
    I would talk about this openly with her, and talk about any repercussions of a break.

I fully understand why you would want to sleep with more people, I've only slept with two people and there is sometimes a feeling it'd have been nicer to notch more bedposts, but you need to work out what your motives are.

If this girl is so great then the curiosity of being with different girls would be hugely outweighed by what you have with this girl. But if she isn't all that great I think you are setting each other up for a great deal of hurt. If you have a break and she slept with someone else how would you react? Bearing in mind that you want to do the exact same thing.

I think that if your relationship is so good then not having more experience would be just a passing thought, maybe a regret but not enough of one to lose what you have. If it isn't then you need to seriously consider if you are just fishing to see if anything better comes up, because if you're doing that you would be far better off ending the relationship first.

You must talk to each other about it though. Perhaps your gf would be happy with an open relationship or swinging, I don't know, but you need to fully understand the effects of having sex with other people whilst in a relationship.