Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

Arnie for President

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Does anyone think Arnold Schwarzenegger will become president one day?

ATM there is a law that says to become the president of the USA you must be born inthe USA but there might be a change in the law that allows anyone that's been a US citizen for at least 20 years to become president - and in 2003 Arnie passed the 20 year mark.

Also does anyoen think he'd be any good as president?

He's certainly come a long way from a body builder working out in East London to governer of the 5th largest economy in the world.

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I doubt he's popular enough.
    Kentish wrote:
    I doubt he's popular enough.

#dont mess with demolition man
    #dont mess with demolition man

I thought demolition man was sylverster stallone?
    "i'll be back!"
    I thought demolition man was sylverster stallone?
    i think it was,yes.defo not anrnie.

the terminator was best film ever!"
    as for president,erm..i think it will happen actually.
    Mad Mac wrote:

Agreed, terminator Kess Asses... loved the second one too.. third one not as good imo...
    T2 is a great film.
    Agreed, terminator Kess Asses... loved the second one too.. third one not as good imo...
    yea,2nd one my fave! :thumb:

third was a bit wank tbh :yes:
    "Ted Kennedy, your ideas for universal health care are silly. stop been silly girlie man. you are a girlie man with your flabby man boobs, girlie man."

This is the soon to be President! A man who opposes immigration, despite been an immigrant. If he pulls it off, i say he deserves it!
    subject13 wrote:
    "Ted Kennedy, your ideas for universal health care are silly. stop been silly girlie man. you are a girlie man with your flabby man boobs, girlie man."
    :lol::D
    Given that he only became governor due to the unfair and completely untrue accusations of mismanagement of the California energy crisis by the previous governor (the crisis was caused by Enron- by happy coincidence the boardroom are all card-carrying Republicans), Arnie's credentials are not too impresive.

He's also turned out to be a happy trigger executioner-in-chief, never one to grant a pardon to a death row inmate even if he repented 15 years ago or if he's a blind old man in his 70s.

The bloke's a cunt.
    Aladdin wrote:
    Given that he only became governor due to the unfair and completely untrue accusations of mismanagement of the California energy crisis by the previous governor (the crisis was caused by Enron- by happy coincidence the boardroom are all card-carrying Republicans), Arnie's credentials are not too impresive.

He's also turned out to be a happy trigger executioner-in-chief, never one to grant a pardon to a death row inmate even if he repented 15 years ago or if he's a blind old man in his 70s.

The bloke's a cunt.

well i like him so ner! :p
    Mad Mac wrote:

oooooooh if you watched it, youll learn arnie becomes president
  • Teh_GerbilTeh_Gerbil Posts: 13,332 Born on Earth, Raised by The Mix
    Don't worry!

Stallon will saves us!1
    Stallon? or Stallone?

Either way he is too busy making boxing reality shows (i missed all the rematches because i was out clubbing) or making Rocky 6: Rocky Balboa! He has no time for politics.
  • Teh_GerbilTeh_Gerbil Posts: 13,332 Born on Earth, Raised by The Mix
    subject13 wrote:
    Stallon? or Stallone?

Either way he is too busy making boxing reality shows (i missed all the rematches because i was out clubbing) or making Rocky 6: Rocky Balboa! He has no time for politics.

I made the typo./
    demolition man?
    i'll have to dig out my old grace jones album now.
    tbh... I dont care if he does or not... but for some reason I now feel like watching the running man...

Shame I only have it on video... cant be arsed with all that!
    petty franks dead ...he'd a made a better president.
    Arnie will never become president, he might not even get re-elected as governor of California. Amending the constitution (to allow a foreign born US citizen to become president) is difficult, it requires 2/3 in the Senate and the House + 3/4 of state legislatures. It won't happen.
    is it only me who finds it a little scary that our statesmen ...are more and more coming from the circus?
    leaders ...statesmen ...great generals charismatic religous leaders ...we've tried it all for centuries.
    it's always been risky but now ...we need a leader that appeals to the people ...while WE ...gain more and more control over every individuals every breath.
    how does the corporation win?
    by seriously dumbing down the political heads of our modern world.
    this thread is about popping down to the travelling circus and picking the strong man and a trappeeze artist to rule the world.
    and then the quids behind the throne ...pull the strings ever easier.
    Why doesnt a President or world leader stand up to corporations? They have the ultimate power do they not? I mean...The british government crushed and bankrupted John Lake, i think his name was, when he got to rich and influencial, why cant they do it for other corporate forces?
    Because they have for some considerable time been drawn largely from the Executive Boards of many of those corporations themselves, thus fully in collusion with the corporatist agenda.

Add to that the hefty and often illicit "capaign" financing and post-political office positions that are promised them (and often their children as well) and its flagrantly transparent they assume office to enrich themselves and their cohorts, not the citizens they are sworn to represent.

One would need to eliminate every last currently serving member of Congress/Parliament and the Executive Branch to have any hope of installing anyone who would halt the march of the MNCs.

I don't hold my breath waiting for it.
    I can understand feeling bound to campaign fiancers unless independantly wealthy, but holding some loyality to a corporation you were once a part of seems foolish and self-weakening. If it wa sme i would turn my back on them. I know they all want to be rel-elected, but if your not serving your people, what are you doing besides lining your own pockets? It is just such a bullshit way of government!
    The thing is, in most cases they don't want to stand up to corporations- because they are the corporations' representative (or puppet).

The Republican Party might as well be called The Big Business Alliance. You'd sooner see King Herod elected to the post of minister for child welfare than a Republican government standing up to corporations.
    No, I can't imagine he'll ever be president. Regardless of his nationality, please no more actors in the White House. Wasn't Reagan bad enough..? Now there has to be another piss poor actor doing a piss poor job of running the United States.

I have met Arnie though - in his home country - and I quite liked him... but I was three sheets to the wind at the time. ;)
    Who cares? He won't be the one pulling the strings anyway.

Arnie is a legend, like Stallone, he's managed to pull off an excellent film career without having any acting skills whatsoever and done so much more. Really is the American Dream like.
    briggi wrote:
    Wasn't Reagan bad enough..?

No. Reagan was a brilliant president.