Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Germalene "new skin" - Warning!

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I bought some of that fancy Germolene "new skin" stuff today. Waterproof, germ proof, aids natural healing, yadda yadda, "may sting briefly on fresh cuts".... LIES!!! "May sting like a fucking bitch for several minutes" would be better wording!
Just a little warning... It hurts... a lot... :shocking: !!!
It also smells like nail varnish...

You know what the best bit is? "To remove apply more Germolene New Skin and wipe off"

FUCK...
THAT...

Just thought I'd share to save other people from falling for it's evil lies!

Comments

• Options
    Pain is just weakness leaving the body. :yes:
  • Options
    Kentish wrote:

Well there must have been a hell of a lot of weakness in my body at that moment :yes:

I can take pain...but this was...ow! :p
  • Options
    Kentish wrote:
    Does self-harming make the body stronger then?
  • Options
    Randomgirl wrote:
    Eh?
  • Options
    Randomgirl wrote:
    Yes. Remember everyone, pain is your friend.
  • Options
    Fiend_85 wrote:
    Yes. Remember everyone, pain is your friend.

The kids that touch the hot stove, realize its hot, then touch it again, those are the ones that will go far :cool:
  • Options
    Truth.
  • Options
    thanks for the tip ;) ill avoid that in the future then!

.. bet my dad has some though :rolleyes: he loves germaline. thinks it will cure anything and everything!

i bet if half my insides were falling out he would hand me some germaline and tell me to stop moaning :yeees:
  • Options
    My mum bought some and ending up wiping it off pretty sharpish - she said it hurt like a bitch.

Ilora x
  • Options
    Kentish wrote:
    You big mantra stealer :eek:
  • Options
    It stings like mad. It went straight in the bin
  • Options
    You big mantra stealer :eek:
    Guilty as charged.
  • Options
    :D har.
  • Options
    Bunch of wimps, if you brave it out it's actually quite good.
  • Options
    you will learn at some point, if you haven't already, that the medical world in general likes to grossly understate such things.

'just a tiny scratch' means, 'prepare for a sharp stabbing sensation as i insert this huge needle into a part of your body not designed for needles to go', and if a doctor ever says 'this might be a little uncomfortable', god help you, you should prepare yourself for the worst pain in the history of pain.
  • Options
    kaffrin wrote:
    you will learn at some point, if you haven't already, that the medical world in general likes to grossly understate such things.

'just a tiny scratch' means, 'prepare for a sharp stabbing sensation as i insert this huge needle into a part of your body not designed for needles to go', and if a doctor ever says 'this might be a little uncomfortable', god help you, you should prepare yourself for the worst pain in the history of pain.

:lol:
    Agreed.

You might feel a little poke, is a bad one too :(
  • Options
    my_name wrote:
    :lol:

You might feel a little poke
    What kind of doctor says "poke"?
  • Options
    Randomgirl wrote:
    What kind of doctor says "poke"?

When a needle is involved.
    Speaking of, shot on the bottom of your pinky toe hurts like a bitch :p
    Though I've heard the cortisone(?) shot in the spine is the worst.
  • Options
    kaffrin wrote:

See, whenever they say "sharp scratch" that's all it ever it for me, I guess I'm just hardcore
  • Options
    Fiend_85 wrote:
    See, whenever they say "sharp scratch" that's all it ever it for me, I guess I'm just hardcore

depends where the 'sharp scratch' is. and who's administering it.

blood tests, upper arm and ass injections and dentist injections i'm cool with. i'm even cool with those canula things, as long as it's a nurse who does them (they are less butchery than doctors, in my experience) but i did not feel, in any shape or form, that the needle in the back of my ankle was 'just a little scratch'.

they should not be allowed to put needles in places where you aren't fleshy :(
  • Options
    kaffrin wrote:

It's not really that bad actually, I think not anyway. Even when I had my BCG I didn't think it was painful. (well, it was when I caught it on something; but that's a different story)
  • Options
    kaffrin wrote:
    'this might be a little uncomfortable',

I got that line the other day. I've been "uncomfortable" for days.
  • Options
    soraliah wrote:
    thanks for the tip ;) ill avoid that in the future then!

.. bet my dad has some though :rolleyes: he loves germaline. thinks it will cure anything and everything!

i bet if half my insides were falling out he would hand me some germaline and tell me to stop moaning :yeees:

I have to say I'm a bit like that about Savlon..... :blush:
  • Options
    This Stuff Isn't Good

OK. Sorry guys... I really had to register just to comment on this stuff because my sister told me it was a good idea to use it. It took me 3/4 of a bottle of this stuff and 25 minutes to apply it fully to the approximately 8cmx8cm square freshly cleaned with TCP where I am missing skin and I've been kidnapped, beaten up, knocked unconscious, been tattooed, hit over the head with a brick, stabbed and most of those more than once. I'm really not joking - this HURT more than any one of those events. By the end of those 25 minutes there was sweat running off of me in rivers, very unsteady on my feet and giggling like a little girlie because I was literally high off the pain.

Now - here's the fun part. This stuff has made my injury WORSE not BETTER! Now I cannot move my leg else the glue (read: germaline new skin) pulls apart the wound and it starts leaking. This stuff is RUBBISH and I wish I'd had a plaster! It's probably quite good for a small blister but don't use it on any part of your body where the skin stretches cause it will just keep pulling the wound apart again.

Now I'm gunna have to limp to the chemist tomorrow and buy some of the evil liquid myself so I can remove what I borrowed of my sisters. Even worse, because of the way I got high off it last time I'm half looking forward to it and that's disturbing on many levels..

END OF RANT
  • Options
    littlemissylittlemissy Posts: 9,972 Supreme Poster
    visitor wrote:
    OK. Sorry guys... I really had to register just to comment on this stuff

Great. You had to register to bring this thread up from the grave.

Good one :thumb:
  • Options
    Wow this germalene "new skin" has really ruined peoples life.
  • Options
    kaffrin wrote:

a dentist I used to have used to always say sorry before doing anything!! Just to ease me, like!
  • Options
    visitor wrote:
    approximately 8cmx8cm square freshly cleaned with TCP where I am missing skin

I'm not sure that it's designed to cover that sort or area.

I would have thought that a skin graft would have been more use...
  • Options
    I would have thought reading the instructions might have been a good idea! I'll give you a hint, if you need to use over half the packet of anything like that then your using the wrong thing!
  • Options
    By heck your all soft nowadays

I remember back in 65 my ma used to put this bottle of stuff on...rapid skin, that hurt like hell but was like having a skin transplant.
    Now a days your all wrapped in cotton wool..... chill out, once the stinging, burning smouldering sensation has gone you'll be fine:)
This discussion has been closed.