Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Retching and Vomiting

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
i keep getting bouts of nausea and feeling sick and usually do the sort of gag reflex thing, and i sometimes vomit because of the feeling a tastle the saliva builds in my mouth.
Any idea whats causing this? It can happen to anything,a taste or smell or object, even if its compeltly famiillier like a pencil or something.
I was sick this morning and nearly sick just there now.
Thoughts?

Comments

• Options
    are you female? could you be pregnant?
  • Options
    How long's it been going on for?

And what is the "gag reflex thing" you're doing?
  • Options
    no im male :) i dont need to worry about that, although it was the first thing i was expecting someone to mention.

i dunno, 2-3motnths? think when you goto vomit, but you dont then your mouth fills with weird tasting saliva.
  • Options
    How often are you sick? What comes up? Can you swallow food without difficulty? Have you vomited up any blood? Do you have any other health problems?
  • Options
    Well the taste, if i'm imaging it right sounds like bile. Do you actually spit anything up? Is it colored, like green or yellow? If so, I'd definatly get that checked out asap.
  • Options
    No I think i know what you mean about the taste of saliva in your mouth as sometimes (say on a hangover) I try to suppress my being sick until I am in the bathroom and I get the mouth filling with well, spit. It isn't bile or anything that could have come up-it just seems that my mouth gets very wet. But totally no idea about the rest sorry!
  • Options
    so nothig comes up but spit and occasionally vomit, the only on-going health problem i have is Borneholmes Disease and its not gastric related.