Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

missed period

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
not sure whether this should go here or not but im sure some nice person will move it for me if ive got it wrong!

how long would you wait after a missed period before you started to worry?

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    personally about a week, maybe two.

to be honest i never think about when im due on, i couldnt tell you when my next period is due so im not so sure i would even know i had missed one. it would be like ooh iv not had a period for ages :confused: hmmmm im looking a bit fat today :chin: AHHHHH THE PAIN :shocking:

if your woried take a pregnancy test, has been long enough now to vbe able to know 1 way or the other
    dunno. on one hand i'm on the pill so i know when it's coming and would worry if it didn't but then i'd think well sometimes you just miss a period and the pill can do that to you. it'd also depend if i thought there was a chance i could be pregnant (i.e. if i wasn't on the pill and hadn't used other protection).
    If you have missed your period - take a look at TheSite articles on Missed Period Mess and Unplanned Pregnancy
    :chin:
    well either you're pregnant or its just gone a bit off track :P
    my periods are every 28 days on the dot, so if i was a day late and i knew id had unprotected sex then id test.
    Mine have been weird ever since I started nearly 5 years ago. Last year, they were in the middle of the month (around the 14th) and now they're right at the end/beginning of the month.
    Sofie wrote:
    Mine have been weird ever since I started nearly 5 years ago. Last year, they were in the middle of the month (around the 14th) and now they're right at the end/beginning of the month.
    thatll be because most months have more than 28 days in them.
    Sofie wrote:
    mine did that, i never had an exact cycle, it was always quite long so my period would gradully work its way through the time of month it would show up
    It depends like people have said if you have had unprotected sex then yeah be concerned if its late but also give it a chance to come, a whole load of factors can cause a late period.

As you didnt give any info as to weather you've missed yours by alot or just a few days its hard for people to help 100%.
    after 10 days, but it's really rare.
    If your period's late and you're concerned that you may be pregnant, the best thing you can do is have a test to be sure. It's scary but the sooner you find out the sooner you can deal with the outcome.

I just wanted to give you another link to our article on missed periods - it may help to reassure you that there are lots of other reasons why your period hasn't arrived this month.

Take care