Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

wht does it take to bring a famous person down?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
theres photos in the sun of pete cockerty injecting heroin into an unconscious fan in his kitchen........

what does it take!? and more importantly what posseses these people!? :crazyeyes

Comments

• Options
    Teh_GerbilTeh_Gerbil Posts: 13,332 Born on Earth, Raised by The Mix
    They're rich.

Therefore they tend to be above the law.
  • Options
    Just look at Michael Jackson, I dn't think there is anyone who get out of more stuff than him...
  • Options
    Just look at Michael Jackson, I dn't think there is anyone who get out of more stuff than him...

none of that was ever proven though, thus he is an innocent man - all they proved is that he is most probablyincredibly mentally ill which doesnt make him a kiddy fiddler

photograph of injecting smack into a passed out girls arm = far more dodgy
  • Options
    none of that was ever proven though, thus he is an innocent man - all they proved is that he is most probablyincredibly mentally ill which doesnt make him a kiddy fiddler

true there was never any pictures of him shagging little kids... had pictures of him and is baby but I think he got fined for that...

Also plenty of parents who were suing stop after receiving shit loads of cash from him... also i can see why do it even if innoncent as it is shit publicity... but imo it would surprise me from him... he is fucking weird...
  • Options
    yep,they make a good job of crucifing him.

http://www.thesun.co.uk/article/0,,2-2006190560,00.html

i allways like to think there are 2 sides to every story though.
  • Options
    true there was never any pictures of him shagging little kids... had pictures of him and is baby but I think he got fined for that...

Also plenty of parents who were suing stop after receiving shit loads of cash from him... also i can see why do it even if innoncent as it is shit publicity... but imo it would surprise me from him... he is fucking weird...

no, nothing was proved, all they proved was that he had people stay over, and that he is a VERY ODD person indeed..... the prosecution kind of shot themselves in the feet by getting statements showing he has a child like mentality, and of wanting to be a child, which would give reason for him having boys only stay over - same as when real little boys have sleepovers, its normally only other boys

he might be a kiddy fiddler,i dont know either way to be honest, it went to court and wasnt proved, thus he is an innocent man (unless they prove him guilty)

hearsay evidence isnt enough to convict a person of child abuse strangely enough - photographs of injecting someone who is unconscious with something probably is due to consent reasons combined with the fact he isn't a trained nurse/doctor
  • Options
    no, nothing was proved, all they proved was that he had people stay over, and that he is a VERY ODD person indeed..... the prosecution kind of shot themselves in the feet by getting statements showing he has a child like mentality, and of wanting to be a child, which would give reason for him having boys only stay over - same as when real little boys have sleepovers, its normally only other boys

he might be a kiddy fiddler,i dont know either way to be honest, it went to court and wasnt proved, thus he is an innocent man (unless they prove him guilty)

hearsay evidence isnt enough to convict a person of child abuse strangely enough - photographs of injecting someone who is unconscious with something probably is due to consent reasons combined with the fact he isn't a trained nurse/doctor

Yep, if the court say so by the law he is innocent... apparantly he loves kids because as a star kid he didn't have a proper childhood or something...

Picture that provea star injected a fan is for sure an evidence that prove witout a doubt the guy is guilty and should be sentence...
  • Options
    is it illegal to inject someone else?
  • Options
    Mad Mac wrote:
    is it illegal to inject someone else?

it's illegal to inject yourself with drugs, so someone else too...
  • Options
    JsTJsT Posts: 18,268 Skive's The Limit
    The guy is a cunt who deserved to be locked up for life like the little filthy scummy vermin he is.
  • Options
    i never knew that,i thought you could do what you wanted in your own home.
  • Options
    I might be wrong, but I though the crime is possession, not consumption.

I always took great pleasure of making conversation with coppers at dance festivals whilst completely off my face on pills- I've always been under the impression that so long as you don't have anything on you, you're fine.

Then again, technically he would be in possession of the drugs until they vacate the syringe and enter her body I guess...
  • Options
    JsT wrote:
    The guy is a cunt who deserved to be locked up for life like the little filthy scummy vermin he is.
    Why? Unless he really was injecting another person without their consent and truly ''unconcious'' (forgive me for doubting the Scum on that one) I don't see why he is ''a little filthy scummy vermin''.

If she was a consenting adult and had asked him to help inject the drugs (rather than a scene of Dothery pushing drugs on people and injecting them without their consent) how is that different from two people sharing a joint, or a line of charlie?
  • Options
    Aladdin wrote:

I always took great pleasure of making conversation with coppers at dance festivals whilst completely off my face on pills- I've always been under the impression that so long as you don't have anything on you, you're fine.

Then again, technically he would be in possession of the drugs until they vacate the syringe and enter her body I guess...

That's basically the right idea yes. Though having a possitive test for heroin may soon become an offense.

As for this event, if it is what it seems then its going to be possible GBH or at least assault. Hell, they could even try for attempted murder.
  • Options
    Aladdin wrote:

Not sure, just look what happend wit the magic mushroom, you were able to buy the and posses them but not allowed to eat them... tbh it is more what I think might be, I am not sure what the laws are about it... but here they still had if in their possession and in a fucked up way by injecting it you carry it in your body which is a bit possession...
  • Options
    Not sure, just look what happend wit the magic mushroom, you were able to buy the and posses them but not allowed to eat them... tbh it is more what I think might be, I am not sure what the laws are about it... but here they still had if in their possession and in a fucked up way by injecting it you carry it in your body which is a bit possession...

The two are not the same.

The 'loophole' in regards to mushrooms was the defence that you had found it when out legit mushroom hunting. Because of this it made it very hard to make mushrooms in their natural state illegal - but they did it anyway totally ignoring the difficulties.

With heroin (which I suspect this is) possession is illegal, but, a possitive drug test for heroin isnt.
  • Options
    the picture does look pretty grim.
  • Options
    When I read you OP I thought by "fan" you meant he was injecting say his ceiling fan. Now that would be strange...
  • Options
    Mad Mac wrote:
    there are actualy three sides to every story ...yours mine and the truth.

is there any evidence that it contains heroin?
    if not a photo won't convict.
    he could actualy have been saving someone fromn an overdose.

i had an occasion where a seriously violent drunk got into my home whilst having a party ...back in the late seventies.
    he managed to hurt two people badly and then set about wrecking the place.
    no words were spoken ...we knew what to do.
    i hastily prepared a very large shot of amphetamine in a syringe ...four guys jumped him and held him down/
    while i ...mainlined him.
    in less than a minute the giy was seriously sober ...he was then taken outside and given a good kick9ng.
  • Options
    Randomgirl wrote:
    When I read you OP I thought by "fan" you meant he was injecting say his ceiling fan. Now that would be strange...

I am going to admit now that I thought the same thing.

When you said 'injecting into a fan' I was just thinking of some kind of drug room. Like... a room of drug atmosphere. A high room, or something.

I can't believe they're still on his case though... Surely there's some other junkie rockstar they could pick on?
  • Options
    bongbudda wrote:
    With heroin (which I suspect this is) possession is illegal, but, a possitive drug test for heroin isnt.

Hum... interesting... didn't know that...
  • Options
    bongbudda wrote:
    i can assure you mate ...back in the black and white days ...everyone refused bluntly to have a blood test cos they were doing people for internal possesion on those tests.
  • Options
    In American Politics, So long as your not found with a dead girl or a living boy, you can always bounce back...or so they say.

As for the rest of famous people, well look at Pete Doherty...says it all, you cant bring down fame.
  • Options

not, technically, no. possession is illegal, but the actual act of taking them isn't
  • Options
    i can assure you mate ...back in the black and white days ...everyone refused bluntly to have a blood test cos they were doing people for internal possesion on those tests.

refusing a drug test if arrested for a trigger offence is now an offence in itself
  • Options
    Blagsta wrote:
    refusing a drug test if arrested for a trigger offence is now an offence in itself
    And a great piece of legislation that is.

What do you mean by "bring them down" though? Remove their fame? That won't happen because "famous" people behaving badly is apparently news. Jail them and that changes nothing too- especially as Doherty hasn't been proven to have done anything that merits being jailed yet.

I'm just surprised it took the papers this long to publish. I heard about this little story six months ago. That should tell you far more about the media agenda than anything- Doherty's heroin use- on both himself and others- has been known about for a long time.
  • Options

Now that's a fucked way to get someone for possession... do they still do that now?
  • Options
    Now that's a fucked way to get someone for possession... do they still do that now?
    don't know mate not uptodate with the ever changing rules but ...it wasn't an offence to refuse in my time unless it was whilst driving.
  • Options

no, i've never come across it
  • Options
    theres always something in the news about him being caught with drugs, why are they letting him get away with it?