Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Brazilian government - hypocrites?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
http://www.timesonline.co.uk/article/0,,22989-1741980,00.html

Remember when the Brazilian government sent over a delegation to look into what it called a chain of "deeply regrettable mistakes"? Well their police force is 100x more brutal and extort and murder pretty much at will.

I couldn't help thinking at the time that it was a pretty bizarre thing to say from a government who's police force like to use casual violence and murder to make a quick buck.

Here's a video of how brazilian policemen like to avoid making "deeply regrettable mistakes". :thumb:

http://www.wimp.com/corrupt/

Comments

• Options
    Are you saying that there is some fundamental difference between two sets of thugs in uniform based on their geographical location ? :chin:
  • Options
    He is saying the Brazilians government used a tragedy to gain political ground for themselves, when they are actually much worse and dont carry out these actions as mistakes but intentionally.

I think thats what he is saying anyway...
  • Options
    Haha Brasillian police are pretty brutal. I'm sure they wouldn't mind putting a few bullets in someone they suspected was going to blow something up.
  • Options
    minimi38 wrote:
    . I'm sure they wouldn't mind putting a few bullets in someone they suspected was going to blow something up.
    sounds like london.
  • Options
    minimi38 wrote:
    Haha Brasillian police are pretty brutal. I'm sure they wouldn't mind putting a few bullets in someone they suspected was going to blow something up.

they've been bulldozing favelas(slums) in brazil, using riot powers
  • Options
    Police are corrupt everywhere, although the degrees to which vary. Even in the UK we need appropriate adults because of the way a lot of them treat children and those with learning difficulties and mental illness (e.g. easy targets).
  • Options
    Teh_GerbilTeh_Gerbil Posts: 13,332 Born on Earth, Raised by The Mix
    seeker wrote:
    Are you saying that there is some fundamental difference between two sets of thugs in uniform based on their geographical location ? :chin:

Stop sounding like klint!

Erm, yeah. All Governments do hipocritical things, it is in their nature tbh.

Russian Police are still the worst.
  • Options
    Police are corrupt everywhere, although the degrees to which vary. Even in the UK we need appropriate adults because of the way a lot of them treat children and those with learning difficulties and mental illness (e.g. easy targets).
    :yes: totally.

I was in Brazil when Menezes was shot and the reason Brazilians were shocked was because it happened in the UK. They know full well that they live in a corrupt country. But they look to the UK in many respects as an example. It shattered the perfect image of the UK that so many Brazilians believed in.