Home Work & Study
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

I hate coursework

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited March 27 in Work & Study
:mad: For one of my modules the lecturer just copied last years assignments but changed the date to say 2006 instead of 2005. When it came to handing in our first assignment the due in date was set for before we had finished all the lectures needed for the assignment, and then they worked it out that the dates were a week out due to the term structure being different to last year. So the due in date was moved to a week later. The lecturer then said that this was probably the case for the second assignment too so I thought that I had a week longer.

However, I find out that he changed it on the internet where we download our work from but without telling us. :banghead: Most people must have realised this, but not me as I have had a lot on my plate recently with the anniversary of my grandad's death and it being a year ago that my cousin was murdered.

So, I hand it in today only to find out that it was due in yesterday. I thought that I was being good getting it in 6 days early but I have automatically lost 10% because I was a day late. :banghead: Luckily I didn't hand it in next week as I would have lost 10% per day late (so I would have lost 70% automatically meaning an absolute maximum of 30% if I had got 100% in it, which would not have happened). It's so annoying. :mad:
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Options
    \
  • Options
    I had to fill in a late submission form with the coursework and it demanded an explanation as to why it was late so I explained, but they are really strict about it all, and always have to have doctors notes (if were ill), crime reports (if were broken into/had work stolen/had computer stolen etc) and even have to have technical reports if it is because your computer crashed or broke etc! I'm just annoyed at myself as I expect others have realised and handed it in on time, I have just been in my own little world.
  • Options
    Having 10% knocked off for handing it in late isn't that bad to be honest. At my uni if you don't hand it in by the deadline, you can only get 40% max.

However, you didn't realise the date had been changed so you should let them know. You shouldn't be penalised for their mistake.
  • Options
    You need to have a talk with someone. And expain that you had a word with the lecturer who said that both assignments are probably due later. Explain that although he didn't explicitly say it one way or the other, but that he still confused you.
  • Options
    Yeah, I did explain it on the form I had to fill in, but I doubt I'll get anything back. I just need to learn from this and make sure I confirm deadlines.