Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Aged 16-25? Share your experience of using the discussion boards and receive a £25 voucher! Take part via text-chat, video or phone. Click here to find out more and to take part.


Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Ok, I keep my teeth in pretty good nick. I've only had one filling in my life. A couple of years ago it came out, and I never really got round to doing anything about it. It never really bothered me you see, and was one of my molars so just kind of got on with it. I don't like the dentist and haven't been for probably about 4 years. But I'm starting to think I should get this seen to. Especially as I'm a student now, and won't be entitled to free/low cost treatment when I'm not a student! How do I go about getting someone to treat me, as I'm over in Edinburgh now at uni? And is it really hard to get treatment after all that malarkey with dentists that I saw on the news recently?


  • Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Well I don't know about actually getting a dentist to see you. But I do know that you don't automatically get a reduction in cost for treatment. You have to apply for an NHS voucher, by filling in a HUGE form with tons of questions about pretty much every penny you've ever touched. I was going to fill it in to get the money back for some antibiotics, but in the end I gave up 'cos I couldn't be bothered.

    But if it's your tooth I guess it's fairly important...so good luck with the form mate! You can pick one up from the chemist btw.
Sign In or Register to comment.