Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

I wanna color my hair...

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I want it back to its original color. thing is... its been a dark but very bright red (no matter what my crappy camera tells you :p )for the last 3 years and every color under the sun for the 4 years before that. I know my hair is naturally a brown/red color. I think. I'm really pale so I've always feared I look gothy with my browh hair :\ I never let my roots get longer than 1/4inch long so I just dont know anymore, sad as it is.

Not only that but I dont know. I want my natural color because I have some long lost memories that its a nice brown with red highlights but I dont know if I will like it. Hence why I changed it in the first place. But I'm so sick of dying it and it just being so icky.

I dont know what to do. I just colored it so it will be about a month before my roots even show and I have to decide, but opinions?

Comments

• Options
    well you have a number of options

1. go to the hairdressers to get all the dye stripped out (which they may well refuse to do), they will then put on a semi-permanent colour to match your natural colour.try using head and shoulders because that helps to strip dye from your hair and fade it, they will normally ask you to do this before they plunge in with the peroxide. yeah, that's right, peroxide - this may kill your hair, you'll probably need to condition like mad to keep it healthy.

2. do the above yourself at home with a home kit. cheaper but more difficult, maybe get a friend to help so you don't miss bits?

3. let it grow out.

all the time use head and shoulders because it will help to get rid of the colour. in time, fade it enough and you may be able to dye lighter over the top anyway (i did this) assuming your natural hair colour is lighter than what you have now?
  • Options
    ok i just realised you weren't asking that. oh well, now you know hehe.

to be fair your natural hair colour will generally suit you! and i would have thougtht a dark red would make you look more pale? i dunno.. its nice to go back to natural though, i'm sick of dying my hair and trying to grow it out now.