Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

How long before you respect her?

2»

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I took my boyfriend home with me on the night we met. Slept with him the next time we met up after that. I've been out with guys who I didn't sleep with at all, and they weren't interested. Different strokes for different people and at different times in my life.

If you jump into bed with someone straight away with ideas about what you want i.e. something long term *without* discussing it or at least getting their point of view, then you can't really be the injured party if they then go on their way and don't call you again. I guess they would have thought, "I'd like sex, she seems to want to, lets do it." It's not a 'all men only want sex' thing or the fact that they have respect issues, if they want to have sex at the time, and the other party does too, then the chances are, they will, and I think it's very unfair to label people as only after one thing when they took something that was offered up on a plate.

A lot of guys will screw you over. For instance, some might pretend they want a relationship with you, lure you into it and sleep with you and then piss off out of the country, like it happened to me. I have a great deal more respect for someone who says, "Look, I'm only interested in sex at the moment, not looking for a relationship." It's just a matter of keeping communication lines open, and sticking with what you want out of something, and if they don't want the same things, then move on to the next one.