Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

Verbal Ringtone

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited January 2023 in General Chat
Ok, first off I will explane the story behind this...

I was in my mates car on the way home from work... and we were listening to some new tunes that I got recently... they were actually playing from his phone as he has it linked up to his car sterio...

Anyway, his phone rang, so the music cut out and started playing the nokia tune... as a joke I shouted TUNE!! Long story short... this got us talking, and purely for a laugh Im going to produce a Drum & Bass Remix of the Main Nokia Theme tune (Cheesy as fuck... I know, but as I say, its for a laugh!!)

Anyway, I heard someone had a ring tone a little while ago, where it was just some bloke shouting "oi you cunt, your phone is ringing, fucking pick it up" or something to that effect...

My idea is to use the actual Nokia ring tone... with a vocal ring tone that goes something like that (it can be anything really... just a verbal ringtone asking to pick up the phone)... then it will drop into a nice dark synthazied bassline of the nokia tune (I can feel people cringing! :p )

I cant find a ringtone like this though... so my question... does anyone have a ringtone like this, or know anywhere I can download one?

Cheers! :thumb:
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• SkiveSkive Posts: 15,283 Skive's The Limit
    I've come across these already and have decided they're simply a load of jank.
    Weekender Offender 
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Could you record someone saying it instead of downloading it?
    ^^ :yes: It sounds so specific that you'd probably be better off recording it yourself.
    Well... all I can say is :lol:

You got to remeber this is a piss take for my mate... and took me about 30 mins...
    Its not finished, the tune finishes just after the stupidly speeded up pattern near the end :thumb:

(I found a half arsed sample)

Nokia Remix

hmmm.... im thinking my first top 40 hit! :chin: :p
    For his ringing tone, my dad has my 8-year old brother shouting "dad, your phone's ringing!!!". It's quite funny.

I quite like your tune...perhaps you could add another melody to vary it a bit though? ETA: A farting baslsine, perhaps :thumb:
    For his ringing tone, my dad has my 8-year old brother shouting "dad, your phone's ringing!!!". It's quite funny.

I quite like your tune...perhaps you could add another melody to vary it a bit though?

I could.... but I think I then might risk making it slightly tune full and less annoying! :lol:

The problem with doing it is that im so sick of that bloody tune now... if im out and I hear someones phone ring with it... I might have to kill them! :yes:
    JamesZero wrote:

You got to remeber this is a piss take for my mate... and took me about 30 mins...
    Its not finished, the tune finishes just after the stupidly speeded up pattern near the end :thumb:

Nokia Remix

Did ya make that yourself?
    Actually I really like it. Nice job!
    Though way too long.
    JamesZero wrote:

Nokia Remix

Downloaded it yesterday and listerning to it today... very nice... :thumb:
    It sounds like a deranged version of a kids tv theme tune.

Or that might just be me that thinks that. Be cool if it was faster :D
    You need a nasty reece, hit me up with the midi track duuuude.