Home Work & Study
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

I chose my modules today

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited March 27 in Work & Study
Following up to my previous thread about not being happy with my degree, I have spoken to my supervisor and my friend (who is much more clued up about this sort of thing than I am) and have chosen:
Term 1 - Introduction to Phonetics and Phonology, and Introduction to Language Variation and Change
Term 2 - Articulatory and Impressionistic Phonetics (not sure what this one is, but I needed another module!) and Phonological Variation and Change
Term 3 - History of English 2, Teaching English as a Foreign Language and Forensic Phonetics.

I'm quite happy with those choices, it means I'm taking 140 credits this year, which is 20 more than you are supposed to but it means I only have to take 100 credits in my final year. Also, if I don't get one of my choices this year I have something to fall back on and can take it in the final year.

Thanks for your help with this :)
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    oh f***! you just reminded me, i need to hand in my slip for my modules too! thanks KHSS and i hope it all goes well for you :)
    Er, glad I could be of help!
    i have to choose my dissertation project today. im guessing module choice comes soonish as well.
    I wish was able to choose my modules for 2nd year! I had 120 credits of compulsory modules, same as 3rd year.
    If I didn't have to choose it would've made life a lot easier, although I would probably still be stuck with Semantics :chin:
    Glad you got it sorted in the end :)
  • **helen****helen** Deactivated Posts: 9,235 Supreme Poster
    :yippe: Nice one KHSS :D
    glad you got it sorted! i found out i can do my chosen modules next year- hooray! i was dreading being made to do my 2nd choices.
    Good for you! They keep changing the list but hopefully it will be ok, I've had the form signed and handed back etc. If I have to do semantics next year I will actually cry!
    less modules in your final year is such a good idea :thumb:
    Good for you! They keep changing the list but hopefully it will be ok, I've had the form signed and handed back etc. If I have to do semantics next year I will actually cry!

hope it works out ok! we had two lots of five to choose from, and in the first block only two of the modules out of five are going ahead which is pretty shit for some people.