Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

My website: www.youthonthe.net

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I have built a website. Please come and visit and tell me what you think.
www.youthonthe.net

Here's what you can do:

VOTE: for your favourite sites
QUIZ: 'What's your on-line personality?'
BOARDS: 'The Internet - cool or boring?'
WIN: shopping vouchers!

www.youthonthe.net

Comments

• Options
    Hi, I thought it was pretty good, although the colours did hurt my eyes a bit! You may also want to add more content to make people want to go back?
  • Options
    Hi, I thought it was pretty good, although the colours did hurt my eyes a bit! You may also want to add more content to make people want to go back?
  • Options
    Hmmmmm.

Sorry to be blunt but what's it got that thousands of other sites haven't already done and done better?

That's the same thing I ask professional sites too.

Every few weeks some new company will approach me and say "Hey, thousands of people are searching for travel related information, booking flights, so we thought we'd open a business and make loads of money. Will you help us get top placement on the search engines?"

What I do is show them the current top 50 sites, and say "Here's all the others with the same idea. What do you do that is better, or different enough to make any of their customers want to use your new site, with no past credibility, over the sites they already use, know and trust?"

Its amazing. They never yet have been able to provide an answer to my question, and I've never bothered to talk to them further.

The layout of your site is fine. The colours of the forum are way too hard to read. Its empty, and you are competing with thousands of other sites out there who already have hundreds and hundreds of pages of good content that makes interesting reading.

So, the site look is okay apart from the forum, but what's there to be worth visiting?
  • Options
    A harsh but very honest answer from BK, hes got a very valid point and you need to take note in order for your site to be popular and retain visitors...

Another thing often mentioned, its easy to get visitors to visit your site, whats hard is making it worth their weight and wanting to come back.. thats where good informaiton, something different and unique comes into play....

The most popular sites on the internet are either very good informaiton sites, software support or twisted/black humour type sites which people find amusing..

Be different, make your site easy to access and navigate around, people want information fast, time is money...
  • Options
    I have a bone to pick..."This is the only site on the Web where young people can voice their view, blank and honest!"...well what about this one?
    Also if you are trying to get users to take part in your research, you need to ask the mods first.
    Susie